Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
The-obvious GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

You shouldn't post in this thread. Just lurk, breh...
Why are u so sensitive about the topic?

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Russians have mined the front lines heavily. Not a good strategy for the Ukrainians to break those lines unless they have weapons that can strike deep in enemy territory or fighter jets. This is looking like another Korea situation. It will be a stalemate....Russia is not strong enough to take the whole country and Ukraine is not strong enough to take back what's been taken. The first 2 counteroffensives were a success because the Russians were not expecting it.
So Ukraine basically won’t be able to retain the eastern side that was lost…. Russia is dug deep there.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
Is the counter offense struggling to break through?
The Russians have HEAVILY mined the area in front of their first main defensive lines. Clearing minefields under heavy Artillery fire is clearly not an easy task. They need longer-range missiles to disrupt supply lines and a highly upgraded air support apparatus for air cover. Without that, it will be a slow slog where the only big gains will be from major tactical errors.

If Ukraine can establish a bridgehead over the Dnipro River in Kherson, which can split the Russian Army in two, then they are in business.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Why are u so sensitive about the topic?

This is arguably the most impactful war within our lifetimes. This is like watching the Ottoman Empire falling after the end of WW2. It was there for 600 years and then one day it wasn't and a huge part of the world dramatically changed. I'm passionate about history and politics so this war is right in my wheelhouse. You bumble in here every couple of weeks and drop some 'ole
Babbling GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
with a giant question mark at the end.

Get-some-help GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems like the endgame is almost 100% dependent on Putin. Nothing of consequence will happen until he is out of the picture. Sort of reminds me of the trump presidency when all of this wild shyt would happen. People would think to themselves that there’s no way this will continue, get our hopes up whenever something happened assuming he is definitely a goner….but eventually we had to wait the full 4 years for the election to finally be rid of him. Obviously Putin’s end isn’t going to come via ballot box but the feeling is the same.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This is arguably the most impactful war within our lifetimes. This is like watching the Ottoman Empire falling after the end of WW2. It was there for 600 years and then one day it wasn't and a huge part of the world dramatically changed. I'm passionate about history and politics so this war is right in my wheelhouse. You bumble in here every couple of weeks and drop some 'ole
Babbling GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
with a giant question mark at the end.

Get-some-help GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
Um your the one that needs help.