Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps

If Republicans win in 2024, it's over for Ukraine.

This might be what Vlad is holding out for. He may be hoping for a hail mary in 2024, hoping that if Trump (or any other Republican for that matter) can take the White House, then that will end US aid to Ukraine and he can go ahead and steamroll them the way he hoped to do initially.

It's a bold strategy, and it may be his only one. Everyone wants him to end the war right now (just pull out :dame:) but I can be honest and say that's not really feasible.

Pulling out of Ukraine right now would be admitting that he made the biggest blunder in Russian history possibly ever. His name would be dirt in Russian streets, he would go down in the annals of Russian history as a failed leader. No matter what he has done in the 2 decades he's been in power, it would all be relegated to a footnote because of his failed war in Ukraine.

It's a tough spot.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
After the war, can you imagine the billions upon billions of dollars that will be flowing to Ukraine? :ohlawd:

It's gonna be the Marshall Plan all over again, so much money is gonna be floating around. :noah:I hope construction brehs are ready

I've been considering buying some properties in Ukraine. I can only imagine values are gonna increase in places like Kyiv, Lviv etc

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Sounds good until you realize some mobster will take that from you without compensation just like they did after the fall of the Soviet Union :hubie:

Ya I don't want those problems. I'll stay on the sidelines and see how this plays out. Don't see it turning into another Kosovo or Iraqi Kurdistan though, but who knows...

• Dap
Reactions: ill
Daps
So you're saying that despite three years of intense war, Ukraine will still be in mortal danger with constant need of support in 2025?

I'm saying that if this current conflict is still raging by 2025, yes they will still be in danger.

They are not evicting the Russians from their land. At best, they are able to slow down Russian expansionism. Not stop it. Just slow it. And the only reason they are able to slow it is because of US and NATO support.

If US and NATO support stops, it will only be a matter of time before Ukraine runs out of bullets and bombs and helmets and then they will be staring into the face of near annihilation by Russia.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm saying that if this current conflict is still raging by 2025, yes they will still be in danger.

They are not evicting the Russians from their land. At best, they are able to slow down Russian expansionism. Not stop it. Just slow it. And the only reason they are able to slow it is because of US and NATO support.

If US and NATO support stops, it will only be a matter of time before Ukraine runs out of bullets and bombs and helmets and then they will be staring into the face of near annihilation by Russia.

I agree. I see no pathway for this to end without an agreement of some sort.

Daps
I agree. I see no pathway for this to end without an agreement of some sort.

Yep. Ukraine as it was before will not exist in the future, as far as their borders goes. They will have to give up territory to Russia sadly.

If Putin ended the war today, territory would be among his demands. And who in Ukraine will say no? Of course they will want to hurry and end a war that has killed and displaced so many of their people and destroyed their homeland.

The goal in this war for Ukraine has never been to defeat Russia. They can't. The goal has always been to make Russia's conquest in Ukraine so tough and difficult and costly that Russia will give up.

That has always been the only conclusion. It's just a matter of when it happens.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yep. Ukraine as it was before will not exist in the future, as far as their borders goes. They will have to give up territory to Russia sadly.
Nope. The borders will be returned to pre 2014 status including Crimea.

If Putin ended the war today, territory would be among his demands.
Only thing in this post that makes any sense.

And who in Ukraine will say no?
The same people who are fighting for their land today? :skip:

Of course they will want to hurry and end a war that has killed and displaced so many of their people and destroyed their homeland.
But not at the expense of their sovereignty.

The goal in this war for Ukraine has never been to defeat Russia.
Defeat = kicking them out. What are you talking about?

They can't.
Yes they can. Word to the Mobic cubes.