Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Today's unexplained incident in Moscow is properly sending shockwaves through the Russian info sphere. Girkin shares someone's opinion that Russian channels linked to the gov-t are working overtime to downplay the impact of the event. The post says the references to 1941 and 1812 that "Moscow has seen worse" are unacceptable. They say the SMO is not meant to involve an attack on Moscow.
FxXdKOEWAAAcV27

bnew

Veteran
Daps

thats a kid who is unlikely to ever grow up supporting any friendly russian policy or politician friendly to russia. because this war is in HD and on social media in a way other wars haven't been, the beef ukrainians will have for russians could last for well over a century.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you talking about the counter offensive or a coup?

I mean that Putin is no longer untouchable.

Russia has no chance of turning back the tide.

Putin’s power is no longer absolute.

My guess is that the coup de grace is going to happen so suddenly. One day it’s going to be reported that he’s in the hospital for “routine” blah blah or that he’s going to go to his billion dollar dacha for “consultations” then all of a sudden there’s been some shuffling of the political/military leadership (line of succession), then he won’t be seen for a couple days, then it turns out he resigned.

If something like this happens I think a lot of people will be giddy thinking Russia will retreat etc, but honestly I can see the war continuing to drag for a while. The Russians are going to want to be in a strong negotiating position and not want to risk the people thinking we lost tens of thousands of our kids for nothing. You might even see a rise in nationalist/patriotic fervor - the organic kind, not the manufactured shyt Putin forces onto the people.

When Putin is gone most of the world is going to celebrate. The news/internet is going to pump out nonstop images and videos of burning Russian tanks, people in other countries jumping for joy, stories about the “collapse” of Russian power for the 2nd time in 30 years and long think pieces about how Russia is just a gas station with nukes etc etc. The Russians are proud people and I think this will lead many of them to feel like they’re trapped in a corner and to support lashing out to save face (and vacation homes in crimea lol).

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I mean that Putin is no longer untouchable.

Russia has no chance of turning back the tide.

Putin’s power is no longer absolute.

My guess is that the coup de grace is going to happen so suddenly. One day it’s going to be reported that he’s in the hospital for “routine” blah blah or that he’s going to go to his billion dollar dacha for “consultations” then all of a sudden there’s been some shuffling of the political/military leadership (line of succession), then he won’t be seen for a couple days, then it turns out he resigned.

If something like this happens I think a lot of people will be giddy thinking Russia will retreat etc, but honestly I can see the war continuing to drag for a while. The Russians are going to want to be in a strong negotiating position and not want to risk the people thinking we lost tens of thousands of our kids for nothing. You might even see a rise in nationalist/patriotic fervor - the organic kind, not the manufactured shyt Putin forces onto the people.

When Putin is gone most of the world is going to celebrate. The news/internet is going to pump out nonstop images and videos of burning Russian tanks, people in other countries jumping for joy, stories about the “collapse” of Russian power for the 2nd time in 30 years and long think pieces about how Russia is just a gas station with nukes etc etc. The Russians are proud people and I think this will lead many of them to feel like they’re trapped in a corner and to support lashing out to save face (and vacation homes in crimea lol).

watch too much US news brehs :russ: