Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I was reading on the Bosnian war and them Eastern Europeans be on Demon Time during war...

Anyone know if there is a christian/Islam element to this war? Because in Bosnia the muslims faced pure genocide.:lupe:

not at play here thankfully, but the Serbs have been formenting bs there lately

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Untold Story of the Ukraine Crisis

Had no clue about this, paints a clearer picture of why Putin going all in.

:mjlol: at the U.S not giving a fukk about Ukraine, not having a ambassador because of the Trump fukkery and then having to :leon: once shyt hit the fan. I wonder how much Biden knew about this before the call with Putin that lead to the NATO stuff.

Russian oligarchs are demonic as fukk too
With Medvedchuk sidelined and his party in retreat, the Kremlin has no clear path to influence over Ukraine through politics, and that raises the temptation to use hard power, Voloshyn told me. “You have to understand,” he says. “There are hawks around Putin who want this crisis. They are ready to invade. They come to him and say, ‘Look at your Medvedchuk. Where is he now? Where is your peaceful solution? Sitting under house arrest? Should we wait until all pro-Russian forces are arrested?’”

But if this shyt fails they gonna :camby: Putin the fukk out of there :wow:

barese

Pro
Daps
not at play here thankfully, but the Serbs have been formenting bs there lately

Not really true, there is a significant religious component in Ukraine.

The modern pro-russian vs. pro-western division of the country has its origin in pro-slavic vs. pro-latin division on christian liturgy language.

On top of this christian division, there is a muslim minority, as well.
Originally from Crimea, muslim Tatars after the 2014 war became in great part refugees in the western part of the country, mainly due to their traditional conflict with Russia:
Crimean Tatars - Wikipedia

More on christian divisions in Ukraine:

- in the western part of the country there is a Greek-catholic Christianity, a mixture of Polish catholic influence and orthodox roots, that officially abandoned Latin only in 1930s (typically they were big supporters of Euromeidan movement in 2014):
Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church - Wikipedia

- the biggest church is Ukrainian Orthodox Church that separated from Moscow Patriarchy in 2018 (around 58% of their orthodox population)

(Good article on 2018 separation and partial recognition from other orthodox churches:
The changing dilemmas of Ukrainian Orthodoxy )

- Ukrainian Orthodox church that remains faithful to Moscow Patriarchate, between 15% and 20% of orthodox population, mostly in southern and eastern part:

Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

That worries me. A full fledged China-Russia alliance with quote "no limits" in everything from military to space technology to AI and internet control? shyt would make the Axis Powers of WW2 look like Child's Play.
Russia officially backing China on the Taiwan issue too.. the lines have been drawn this year. Even if Ukraine doesn't pop off it's officially on, US/UK/EU vs CN/RU. Sudetenland vibes (basically what Putin's doing now)

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
That worries me. A full fledged China-Russia alliance with quote "no limits" in everything from military to space technology to AI and internet control? shyt would make the Axis Powers of WW2 look like Child's Play.
Russia officially backing China on the Taiwan issue too.. the lines have been drawn this year. Even if Ukraine doesn't pop off it's officially on, US/UK/EU vs CN/RU. Sudetenland vibes (basically what Putin's doing now)
China and Russia have been close allies ever since the mid 2000s. They both learned from the Sino-Soviet that division between them only benefits the US. One of the big reasons the US won the Cold War was pushing China away from the Soviet camp. Nixon’s visit to China was a big deal at the time.
For me it’s not something to worry about. This is the beginning of the end of US unipolarity which wasn’t going to last forever. We are going back to a multipolar world where great powers compete with each other.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Pretty sure this exercise isn't going to make the current situation any worse at all......

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Brother ask yourself… given the history of the last 20 years… which party is acting like the axis powers and invading countries left and right?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Brother ask yourself… given the history of the last 20 years… which party is acting like the axis powers and invading countries left and right?

Oh don't get it twisted I have nothing but smoke for the Anglospheres foreign policy, but coming from a country that switched one colonial master (America) for what basically amounted to another (Soviet Union, and now both Russia/China) I have a perspective on the Russians and Chinese that some of yall might not have seen first hand. They will enslave you under the guise of revolution and comraderie. At the end of the day, the Pax Americana era was safer than this new multipolar world were entering as evidenced by this thread. Were on the verge of major conflicts in Europe and Asia just a year after Trump ran our credibility into the ground and Biden pissed on its grave. But this crisis could have definitely been avoided with some appeasement. Not on the the level of Neville Chamberlain, but honestly we (Americans) have no need to be in fukking Ukraine of all places. Same as Taiwan, why are we forced to defend a breakaway island we don't even legally recognize anymore? It's preposterous.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Oh don't get it twisted I have nothing but smoke for the Anglospheres foreign policy, but coming from a country that switched one colonial master (America) for what basically amounted to another (Soviet Union, and now both Russia/China) I have a perspective on the Russians and Chinese that some of yall might not have seen first hand. They will enslave you under the guise of revolution and comraderie. At the end of the day, the Pax Americana era was safer than this new multipolar world were entering as evidenced by this thread. Were on the verge of major conflicts in Europe and Asia just a year after Trump ran our credibility into the ground and Biden pissed on its grave. But this crisis could have definitely been avoided with some appeasement. Not on the the level of Neville Chamberlain, but honestly we (Americans) have no need to be in fukking Ukraine of all places. Same as Taiwan, why are we forced to defend a breakaway island we don't even legally recognize anymore? It's preposterous.
My brother even though I disagree with you on most of this stuff I appreciate the intellectual and respectful way that you presented your coherent arguments. Imma try and respond to you properly in a bit but I recognize this thought out response fam