Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Good Guy Guevara

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Chernobyl's stuff is still active. Basically if the Sarcophagus is destroyed/open to air, and if you spray it with water, because the material is very hot, you can cause radiated steam to enter the atmosphere... its just where the wind will take it; but it could drift into Middle and Western Europe easily.

I am sure though its more of a stronghold, but really I have no idea.

Quickest route to Kyiv is through Chernobyl. The way the Russians are moving they are going for complete capitulation of Ukrainian government.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
For sure the demographics of Ukraine when the dust settles will be interesting to watch. But I think if the extent of Putin's impact on Ukraine is to just reverse Euromaidan and bolster the security apparatus with Russian-backed and armed resources then I have a hard time seeing a sustained insurgency in the streets of every Ukrainian city, but if he's trying to literally annex Ukraine into a Russian Oblast/Republic then that's a different story. I think all of Putin's strategic aims here can be accomplished by the former without the cost of the latter.
I mean the first thing Biden administration said was they wanted a puppet government.

If that means just a dude who defers to him on higher level stuff but does take care of Ukrainians, I have a hard time seeing him being followed as legitimate while buildings are burned out by Russian shells.

It’s just going to be a failed state like the USSR had strange enough

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
:francis: Biden still talking about sanctions, said our troops will not fight in Ukraine

:mjlol: might as well just tell Putin he got this​
What point would there be in deploying US troops to Ukraine? You think Ukrainians want Russia and the US going head to head in their country? It and it’s people would be reduced to ashes.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seriously though
This stupid son of a bytch from Fox News :francis:
The oligarchs going to be in front a world of pain. Western Europe liked having the Russian investment but those taps are probably getting turned off shortly. It's not like their money doesn't belong to Putin anyway though. :heh:
Hope they got their yachts back TO Russia