Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
But Putin can’t run Ukraine is the problem. If the EU/American takes in the refugees of just Western Ukraine he can’t fill that void while also holding Russia. He basically gets mostly empty land and another failing economy
For sure the demographics of Ukraine when the dust settles will be interesting to watch. But I think if the extent of Putin's impact on Ukraine is to just reverse Euromaidan and bolster the security apparatus with Russian-backed and armed resources then I have a hard time seeing a sustained insurgency in the streets of every Ukrainian city, but if he's trying to literally annex Ukraine into a Russian Oblast/Republic then that's a different story. I think all of Putin's strategic aims here can be accomplished by the former without the cost of the latter.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
greed and power.

legacy in history
i misunderstood the question. he feels he can weather the storm when it comes to sanctions, but if a bunch of countries stop getting oil from them it forces Russia to raise export prices for the remaining nations. That could decimate the economy and at the extreme, sparka revolution (if im assessing this correctly)

This could be way off base but we'll see

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know everybody keeps trying to downplay this shyt, but I feel super fukking uneasy about this shyt....
Why ? Yemenis have been getting slaughtered at will for a good amount of time and this is what brings you unease