Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

clap.gif

Goddamn, it is good to hear someone say that out loud. I've BEEN saying that shyt and somehow it's still believed otherwise. Strange as hell to see it come from them of all people but I'll take anything.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
clap.gif

Goddamn, it is good to hear someone say that out loud. I've BEEN saying that shyt and somehow it's still believed otherwise. Strange as hell to see it come from them of all people but I'll take anything.

According to info I found, he is not entirely one of them people

Yaakov Kedmi, also known as Yasha Kazakov and Yakov Iosifovich Kazakov is an Israeli former politician and diplomat. He was the head of the Nativ liaison bureau from 1992 to 1999, specializing in the repatriation of Eastern European Jews to Israel.

He is still a bad dude

Ex-Israeli diplomat on Russian state TV: Moscow could bomb UK β€˜back to Stone Age’ :stopitslime:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
clap.gif

By whom aside from supporters of Russia? Literally nobody supports militaries bombing cities to oblivion. I agree with your stance on this particular matter and believe everyone else here dose as well. Welcome to the team! πŸ‘ͺπŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
By whom aside from supporters of Russia? Literally nobody supports militaries bombing cities to oblivion. I agree with your stance on this particular matter and believe everyone else here dose as well. Welcome to the team! πŸ‘ͺπŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘§

The entire history of the 20th century and even some of the 21st is full of large-scale bombings of civilian populations and infrastructure which continue to be oft-rationalized and at worst celebrated in our culture. If there was a rule, "never bomb cities or civilian buildings where war is not actively occurring" then we would find excuses to have done otherwise in almost every major conflict, and in more than one case to have done so on a massive, horrific scale. Do you really want an overview or will that be another unwanted diversion from the thread?

Off the top of my head and only going with US actions (our allies and enemies do it too but it's less likely to be rationalized when the bad guys do it), I would mention the fire-bombing of Dresden and many other German cities in a manner that contributed little to nothing to the progress of the war effort, the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki which our own military leaders at the time were opposed to and say played little to no part in ending the war (not to mention many massive firebombings of Japanese cities prior to that), the horrific large-scale "bomb everything that moves" policy of Kissinger in Cambodia during the Vietnam War, Clinton's bombing of a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan, and certain aspects of the "shock and awe" campaign against Iraq which included numerous attacks on civilian infrastructure against a nation that wasn't even at war with us yet and didn't want to be. I'm sure I'm missing even more than I listed but I'm not in the mood to research.

Every one of those actions was supported by a huge segment of the American population at the time, usually a majority, and continues to have large numbers of defenders today. I would say that a clear majority of Americans support at least one of those actions and will rationalize it, even though none of those cities was a stage for war at the time we bombed them and civilians were the vast majority of those who died as the result of those particular civilian bombings. I would also say that none of the specifically civilian attacks within those bombings contributed to long-term battlefield progress at all, but of course that will be rationalized and denied too.

The general principle of "Bombing cities or civilian populations where the war isn't occurring is never helpful" isn't true unless you agree that all of that city-bombing was wrong.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
@Rhakim, If you want to chastise humanity writ large for destroying cities then I'm right there with you. But nobody in this thread is a proponent for that except those who are pro Russian invasion. Lettuce move on. :handshake:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Poland getting :lift: Gonna spend 3% of it's GDP next year and double the size of it's military over the next 8 years all because Russia wants to be little big man. The way the US was able to tool up for war so quickly during WW2 is because of how industrialized it already was. Nobody had seen anything like that on that scale previously but Admiral Yamamoto saw the US exactly for what it was, a sleeping giant with vast potential for military production. Europe is very much like the US prior to Pearl Harbor. If and when they collectively decide to dedicate themselves to war production as it appears to be happening... you just gotta wonder, is there not the Russian version of Yamamoto telling Putin that this is a sleeping giant that we do not want to wake? Russia is gonna find themselves surrounded by China looking at them on one side like :eat: and a bunch of mini USAs to the other.