Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I'm not sure whose mind you think this will change about Iran. It's ugly and evil but most nations supply their allies regardless of how evil the war is. I mean we kept supplying Saudi Arabia and the UAE as they destroyed Yemen in a horrific nightmare, South Sudan as they destroyed their own people, Saddam as he gassed his own villages, the Contras as they ran a straight up terrorism campaign against the people of Nicaragua, etc. Hell, we full well knew that the arms we sent UAE and Saudi were ending up in the hands of Al Queda and Libyan terrorist groups, and did it anyway.

And when we're not doing it directly, as often as not we're transferring weapons to them through allies or just letting Israel, France, etc. do the duty work.

None of that makes Iran's actions any less evil. But they've poisoned the climate so as to make it difficult to build true moral outrage among the global community in anything other than a partisan manner.

What about Boston Harbor?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What about Boston Harbor?

The Yemen catastrophe is literally going on as we speak and total deaths there far surpass the deaths in Ukraine. Especially child deaths, which are easily 20x higher if not much more. I get that they're not Europeans so we need to do a 5-to-1 conversion first before we care, but still...

Regardless of how you feel personally, what I said was objectively true. From a moral perspective no one out there gives a shyt anymore who supplies what arms to which horrible regimes because the world's largest arms dealer has created a climate where that's not supposed to matter. It's all just "You're either with us or against us." Which I find fukking horrific, but I'm in the minority here who doesn't see war as some sort of ultimate answer.

Iran is on Russia's side. Since no one was under any illusions about that, nothing has changed.

Obviously the jingoism-driven brain rot has progressed to the point that discussions of reality are beyond this thread. Continue on with the tweets as scheduled.

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
  • Dap
Reactions: NZA

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The Yemen catastrophe is literally going on as we speak and total deaths there far surpass the deaths in Ukraine. Especially child deaths, which are easily 20x higher if not much more. I get that they're not Europeans so we need to do a 5-to-1 conversion first before we care, but still...

Regardless of how you feel personally, what I said was objectively true. From a moral perspective no one out there gives a shyt anymore who supplies what arms to which horrible regimes because the world's largest arms dealer has created a climate where that's not supposed to matter. It's all just "You're either with us or against us." Which I find fukking horrific, but I'm in the minority here who doesn't see war as some sort of ultimate answer.

Iran is on Russia's side. Since no one was under any illusions about that, nothing has changed.

Obviously the jingoism-driven brain rot has progressed to the point that discussions of reality are beyond this thread. Continue on with the tweets as scheduled.

The entire West tried not to. No one except the dude who miscalculated how long a special operation would take thought it was. Why he was so gung ho instead of sitting on his pile of money will probably be the stuff of history books.

As for Iran, I don’t think anyone is under any illusions about the nature of arms selling but when even China is sitting off to the side you have to wonder why Iran is so eager.

Saudi, unfortunately control the stability of a major energy market. Iran doesn’t care about Crimea and no one is trying to Russian land. To jump in now on what is looking like a losing effort is bizarre.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
As for Iran, I don’t think anyone is under any illusions about the nature of arms selling but when even China is sitting off to the side you have to wonder why Iran is so eager.

Saudi, unfortunately control the stability of a major energy market. Iran doesn’t care about Crimea and no one is trying to Russian land. To jump in now on what is looking like a losing effort is bizarre.

I think the reason is kinda obvious - they're isolated. If they can't count Russia as a friend, what friends will they have left? Iran has far more riding on keeping Russia happy than USA has on keeping Saudi Arabia happy.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Most of the CSTO and China haven’t supported Russia militarily or through direct action @Rhakim ignores this curiously

Ukraine and Iran weren’t always on bad terms either
well most of the CSTO and China don't have sanctions up the ass. i just don't see the big deal, we help out our scummy friends (biggest scum in the world saudi arabia) and they're helping out theirs.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Most of the CSTO and China haven’t supported Russia militarily or through direct action @Rhakim ignores this curiously

Ukraine and Iran weren’t always on bad terms either

I already pointed out to you - they have something to lose. Iran doesn't. Other shytty militaristic nations would do it too if they didn't have something to lose, and Iran has nothing to lose. It's purely transactional.