Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Superstar
Daps
This better have been an accident.

It likely is. Their quality control has been trash when it comes to rocket/missile production. This isn’t the first errant launch, one also landed short inside of Russia this morning. Before the most recent Ukraine invasion, no one hated Russia more than Poland. Allowing Russia to bulldoze Ukraine and sit on Poland’s border would have definitely led to a larger conflict. This is the usual stupidity on Russia’s part. Poland didn’t immediately shoot back so I don’t think this is going to spin out of control. Moves will be made, over the next couple of months to make Russia regret this though.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Is there any sanction left in the book that can be dropped on Russia after this fiasco?
Issues with sanctions is that they are only efficient if you actually do business with the sanctioned. As long as India, China and/or Brazil don't participate, their effectiveness cannot be maxed out.

My guess is that the next step is to work Modi and Xi diplomatically but I'm sure they are currently both pretty happy to scoop oil and gas on the low.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Looking more like this was a Ukrainian S-300 that missed its target. Still ultimately on Russia, but not nearly as bad. :whew:

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Dmytro Kuleba, denied Russian reports that Ukrainian missiles fell in Poland.

This is reported by Censor.NET .

"Russia is currently promoting a conspiracy theory that a Ukrainian air defense missile allegedly fell on the Poles. This is not true. No one should buy Russian propaganda or amplify its message. This lesson should have been learned long ago after the downing of MH17," the minister wrote on Twitter .