Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sohh you wanna dip into ya man multiple times? :noah:
Lettuce be real here, nobody was spitting shyt about inevitable ammo shortages, airline failure, overall lack of supplies like I was early in the conflict so far as Russia goes. Add into the fact that Ukr has been blowing shyt up in Crimea for well over a month now. I know that isn't "taking" Crimea but even if I had said "Ukr will be destroying the Black Sea fleet in Crimea" by Oct., the same people would have called me an idiot 6 months ago. I think overall my assessment of the war's trajectory was better than the media's or anyone on this board from pretty much the jump. Crimea by October was a halfcourt shot that I thought a scrappy young underdog had a chance of making. My prediction wasn't an airball. It bounced off the back of the rim.

If you gotta neg the kid then :yeshrug: but you really gotta go for multiple drivebys?
:banderas: Negged

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Low Quality Posting
I didn't try to flip shyt. My comment focused on Russia's atrocities and pointed out one of the reasons they happen. The focus only shifted away from the Putin atrocities when certain posters decided that denying US atrocities was more important to the thread then talking about why both kinds happen.

It's embarassing and pathetic when people who have never done jack shyt in their lives to support war and trauma victims start trying to use abused kids to score internet points. My wife is literally a counselor for sexually abused children including refugees, and we took in our foster daughter because she was a traumatized abuse victim who needed more devoted care. It's clear for a lot of people war victims are just a funny way to troll and try to give an L to your internet enemies, but some of us actually give a fukk. I'm sure this will be followed by the usual suspects laughing and finding a way to turn other people's suffering into a joke like they always do.
Yeah, signal how seriously you take little kids getting hurt by making stan jokes about it, you childish coward.

My wife is a volunteer counselor for abused girls. Our foster daughter was taken from a home where she experienced serious sexual abuse and we are supporting her through the ongoing court case against her abusers and the continued trauma and effects despite it taking quite a toll on our family. I've read multiple books on this and care enough about it to make it matter in my life. Taking care of this crap in the community is part of the Struggle no matter how much some people try to deny it.

So take your fandom somewhere else. You're a grown man who still types like a 16-year-old kid with insecurity issues. Grow up.

Some shyt is more important than your own hangups and issues
I have to ask. Are you attempting to falsely pass your child off as a refugee for internet clout?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That actually seems like one of the more predictable tweets. If true, then basically Western reactions forced Russia to back down and of course they'll make what effort they can to save a little face.

Yeah, just such an awkward spin by the Russians, these were announced drills and the West knew of them in advance with a start date and end date

I guess saving face is about as much as they have these days

Attempting to rescind the grain deal is a massive L as well

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Haven't been able to find the tweet yet but I was reading over the weekend that Russia is depleting Belarus's weapons stockpiles as well as weapon systems even tanks and helicopters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Attempting to rescind the grain deal is a massive L as well

It's a disaster for everyone else too though.

On a related note, I was just reading up on the progress towards subverting the Russian attempt to block the deal and saw this disgusting quote:

But shipments could be interrupted again, not least if insurers stop underwriting them. Chris McGill, head of cargo at Lloyd’s of London insurer Ascot, which has underwritten many of the shipments so far, told Reuters his company was pausing writing new cover for shipments from Monday "until we better understand the situation".

Chicken-shyt corporation made over $2 billion in profits last year, but has at least for the moment stopped covering fukking grain ships just because they're afraid of taking a loss on it. That should be justification to nationalize that shyt and UK government can MAKE them cover it.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's a disaster for everyone else too though.

On a related note, I was just reading up on the progress towards subverting the Russian attempt to block the deal and saw this disgusting quote:

But shipments could be interrupted again, not least if insurers stop underwriting them. Chris McGill, head of cargo at Lloyd’s of London insurer Ascot, which has underwritten many of the shipments so far, told Reuters his company was pausing writing new cover for shipments from Monday "until we better understand the situation".

Chicken-shyt corporation made over $2 billion in profits last year, but has at least for the moment stopped covering fukking grain ships just because they're afraid of taking a loss on it. That should be justification to nationalize that shyt and UK government can MAKE them cover it.

I think Erdogan will push the issue and use his own ships as security if necessary he has a lot at stake here

Russia's allies need the grain as well so this is a really bad play for them either way Russia loses

shipping and insurance are two of the nastiest businesses in the world so no real surprise there I suppose