Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Idk, when you have the DNC, Code Pink, other Dem/Left aligned groups, Jacobin/left media and etc playing these games it gets hard to write it off as a few tankies and fellow travelers

I suppose it would be less of an issue if the Republican Party hadn't turned into an extension of the Russian State.

I'm not going to obsess over it like Nap but I don't think it should be ignored or written off.

The hypocrisy of defending Russia and essentially wolves ate my face of the whole situation is pretty fukking absurd
i have never seen the DNC saying anything anti-interventionalist. the ones who defend russia are definitely off-base, but the ones merely expressing skepticism or principled opposition to the CIA are merely being consistent. and quite frankly, the government actively works against the left today while acting surprised that they dont get support. if the government wants to be seen as benevolent "world police" among the left, they are going to have to earn that. they cant kill, incarcerate, and defame the left and then have a shocked pikachu face when the left doesnt believe that its hands are clean and its violence is altruistic. that's why the ukrainians are speaking to african governments now, they understand the old world order is the reason most of the browner parts of the earth dont show any enthusiasm for this. american interventionalists need to stop acting brand new.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Putin fukked around and found out.

Gonna find out a whole bunch more too. Even if he stops the war right now those sanctions are not going away while he remains in power. The West will continue to squeeze and prod Russia from every angle until Putin is deposed and that essentially means death. Putin is going to go out fighting because that is all he can do other than accept the ultimate outcome of his shenanigans.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Idk, when you have the DNC, Code Pink, other Dem/Left aligned groups, Jacobin/left media and etc playing these games it gets hard to write it off as a few tankies and fellow travelers

I suppose it would be less of an issue if the Republican Party hadn't turned into an extension of the Russian State.

I'm not going to obsess over it like Nap but I don't think it should be ignored or written off.

The hypocrisy of defending Russia and essentially wolves ate my face of the whole situation is pretty fukking absurd
nah i just think that some people are so removed and conflict adverse that they don't realize the mental gymnastics they've committed to in order to support those initial feelings

fact is, there was no going back to normalcy once this shyt kicked off.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
fact is, there was no going back to normalcy once this shyt kicked off.

Putin showed his hand prior to the invasion, was called out on it and still went ahead thinking shyt was sweet. In retrospect Obama softened up Putin by not enforcing his "Red Line" in Syria. Putin thought Biden was all talk.

*Enter Dark Brandon*

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i have never seen the DNC saying anything anti-interventionalist. the ones who defend russia are definitely off-base, but the ones merely expressing skepticism or principled opposition to the CIA are merely being consistent. and quite frankly, the government actively works against the left today while acting surprised that they dont get support. if the government wants to be seen as benevolent "world police" among the left, they are going to have to earn that. they cant kill, incarcerate, and defame the left and then have a shocked pikachu face when the left doesnt believe that its hands are clean and its violence is altruistic. that's why the ukrainians are speaking to african governments now, they understand the old world order is the reason most of the browner parts of the earth dont show any enthusiasm for this. american interventionalists need to stop acting brand new.

I meant the DSA(no coffee today). I think you knew what I meant though.

Anyways.

They're not expressing skepticism or principled opposition to the f'ing CIA.

How does enabling a fascist totalitarian Russian state engaging in a war of aggression and annexation check any boxes for someone who feels X anyways?

How do they forget Russia helped give us Trump and all of the horrors that he forced on us? The Republican Party of today? The NRA? The funding of right wing fascist and racist parties in Europe? It's pretty clear to me that the Russian state isn't my friend.

The war in Ukraine should never be seen as some referendum on the US's historical interventionism.

It's about Ukraine's right to autonomy or upholding international law. We're talking about the lives of 44+ million people in Ukraine hanging in the balance.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Putin showed his hand prior to the invasion, was called out on it and still went ahead thinking shyt was sweet. In retrospect Obama softened up Putin by not enforcing his "Red Line" in Syria. Putin thought Biden was all talk.

*Enter Dark Brandon*
eh that's not really what im saying

ppl gotta remember this generation and the last haven't really had to address global welpitsallgoingleft shyt like that... syria, libya, etc can remain an ongoing problem indefinitely and its not gonna have anywhere near the same amount of impact or require the same level attention from partner nations that aren't even directly involved.

many americans and most well off in that region legit don't know how to have this kinda conversation. shyt, if it was 'just' ethnic cleansing, people would know how to frame it better.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I meant the DSA(no coffee today). I think you knew what I meant though.

Anyways.

They're not expressing skepticism or principled opposition to the f'ing CIA.

How does enabling a fascist totalitarian Russian state engaging in a war of aggression and annexation check any boxes for someone who feels X anyways?

How do they forget Russia helped give us Trump and all of the horrors that he forced on us? The Republican Party of today? The NRA? The funding of right wing fascist and racist parties in Europe? It's pretty clear to me that the Russian state isn't my friend.

The war in Ukraine should never be seen as some referendum on the US's historical interventionism.

It's about Ukraine's right to autonomy or upholding international law. We're talking about the lives of 44+ million people in Ukraine hanging in the balance.
code pink condemns russia but dont believe america is a good faith actor and dont believe in proxy war as a solution. they have always been like this - this is their reason for existing.

the war in ukraine is not an opportunity to have a referendum on the US government, but the opposition to NATO action before and during is. i disagree with those who blame zelensky for not surrendering, but i dont see a problem with someone saying that NATO has been provocative.

a good way to get more left allies is to uphold the right to autonomy and international legal protection for all people, not just proxies of NATO. if you are doing that every year, who could find fault with you?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
eh that's not really what im saying

ppl gotta remember this generation and the last haven't really had to address global welpitsallgoingleft shyt like that... syria, libya, etc can remain an ongoing problem indefinitely and its not gonna have anywhere near the same amount of impact or require the same level attention from partner nations that aren't even directly involved.

many americans and most well off in that region legit don't know how to have this kinda conversation. shyt, if it was 'just' ethnic cleansing, people would know how to frame it better.

I still agree with your initial statement.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Kind of a dry topic but logistically fascinating how quickly and easily UKR forces are passing all of these rivers that were in RU possession for 7 months. I'm assuming all the bridges are gone. I'm also assuming that mines and traps were left as they left...or maybe that's just projecting what I would have done. Either way, Russian forces can't do what Ukraine is doing, or at least they can't defend against it.

Crimea by October.