Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Can somebody explain ? I get that the zip lock is too much on top of the scratch thing but what exactly is this kit for ?
its a tourniquet - used to stop bleeding on damaged limbs. the way its zip tied prevents its effective use altogether basically.

the #1 cause of all preventable battlefield deaths is blood loss. so its not hard to imagine why russian casualties are so high and likely to get worse. they don't believe in the medical component of warfighting.

Superstar
Daps
Can somebody explain ? I get that the zip lock is too much on top of the scratch thing but what exactly is this kit for ?

It’s a combat application (CAT) tourniquet. In US line units they’re carried by everyone. Most unit SOP’s have 1 per Joe in a visibly exposed place so that it can be easily found and applied by whoever is assisting you, or yourself under duress. I gave my guys 2 per person to store in a leg cargo pocket and their shoulder pocket on the right side. As their medic, I also kept a shytload in a pouch on my plate carrier. Typically the open storage is using rubber bands, the Velcro on the tourniquet, or a dedicated loop to hold it.

These idiots saw pictures of Americans doing it over the years and decided to use zip ties that can’t be broken by hand. Now they have to waste precious time bleeding to find something to cut it away and apply it to an extremity. I’ve also seen, from their own videos, that they’re treating patients with our old Vietnam medical doctrine using half assed pressure dressings to try and stop arterial bleeds on extremities smh.

It’s no wonder they’re probably going into this winter with 60,000+ KIA. Extremity bleeds account for most combat deaths in a crazy disproportionate way. It’s what kept our death’s relatively low in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most western countries learned this from our medical data post Vietnam. Russia saw and said “nahfukkallat”.

16_0f3ecae7-9215-4807-9cca-68afe11a2bb1_1445x.jpg

Staff%20Sgt.%20Bruce%20Petitt%2C%203rd%20Brigade%20Combat%20Team%2C%20

4bmzk422i4y81.png

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
it's a tourniquet to stop bleeding until aid can be rendered. in an emergency that ziptie can slow a soldier down from treating themselves or others. the ukrainians seem to be using rubber bands to hold theirs.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@987654321 i give the US a lot of shyt, but training with other countries really makes you appreciate stuff we take for granted. i know finance offices with better medical training then recon and field artillery groups :francis: we not even gonna get into IFAK quality and basic stuff like water treatment. they probably catching middle ages diseases too.

Superstar
Daps
@987654321 i give the US a lot of shyt, but training with other countries really makes you appreciate stuff we take for granted. i know finance offices with better medical training then recon and field artillery groups :francis: we not even gonna get into IFAK quality and basic stuff like water treatment. they probably catching middle ages diseases too.

Lol they gon be walking around with the consumption and shyt lol

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I said that once they USA proved that they had correct intelligence, they officially reset the military's perception with the left to pre-9/11.

Its easily the most important thing they've done in decades and globally broke the anti-intervention left, got NATO together, and repositioned the USA as a leader in the world.

Stunning political coup.