Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Just a thing, the article 5 thing is not that automatic :whoa:

First, the NATO member needs to assess the threat. Some members might be more inclined to call for a NATO meeting by invoking article 4 but others might be more "forgiving" or might even accept mistakes or accidents (in the case of your conscript example) as is.

Then, the security council deliberate and if they conclude that they need to invoke article 5, the other members do not necessarily have to follow suit. They can decide individually to not take part or just take part indirectly (like just supplying weapons for example) if they want. They are obviously expected to back up the country under threat but not necessarily by a military response.

Hopefully on all sides cooler heads will prevail if we ever go there but there are quite a few steps that need to go very wrong in a row for us to reach WW3.

Thanks for explaining this to me but Poland is definitely the hot head NATO country in this case. Going all the way back to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth vs the Tsar, to the Polish-Soviet war, to being dominated by the Soviets, and now this? They have a bone to pick almost on the same level Greece and Turkey do. I dont see France, Italy or even Germany doing much but Poland combined with the Baltics, Finns and Swedes, plus the Ukrainian resistance will bring it to the Ruskies, with UK and US intel, training and logistics. Turkey is definitely gonna sit this one out too, on the fence ass mfers

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
It’s not surprising. Russias MO has been to Zerg rush the opposition for centuries. It’s like a policy of Pyrrhic victories. This does scream desperation, however. fukk Putin for trying to hold the world hostage with the threat of nuclear strikes…this is your man “anti-imperialists”?

Zerg rush is the perfect way to describe this shyt, for those that dont know

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Thanks for explaining this to me but Poland is definitely the hot head NATO country in this case. Going all the way back to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth vs the Tsar, to the Polish-Soviet war, to being dominated by the Soviets, and now this? They have a bone to pick almost on the same level Greece and Turkey do. I dont see France, Italy or even Germany doing much but Poland combined with the Baltics, Finns and Swedes, plus the Ukrainian resistance will bring it to the Ruskies, with UK and US intel, training and logistics. Turkey is definitely gonna sit this one out too, on the fence ass mfers