Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

voiture

Superstar
Daps
When I said in my previous post (below) it made no sense for the Ukrainians to announce their moves publicly, I was onto something.....

What's the purpose of Ukraine announcing counter offensives. Why not just make it a surprise?

All this is starting to make sense now....
Ukraine 'misdirected' the Russians with a supposed imminent counterattack in Kherson and caught the Russians napping in the Kharkiv regions.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It’s inevitable that Russia will attempt to re-take these positions but with diminishing vehicles and artillery I’m not sure how they can succeed. At this point Putin has to consider mobilization right? Which will be a disaster and possibly get him assassinated.

And of course the longer these gains last, the more HIMARS Ukraine can move forward.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It’s inevitable that Russia will attempt to re-take these positions but with diminishing vehicles and artillery I’m not sure how they can succeed. At this point Putin has to consider mobilization right? Which will be a disaster and possibly get him assassinated.

And of course the longer these gains last, the more HIMARS Ukraine can move forward.

The only way I see Russia stopping is that they're unable to continue. They won't honor their treaties and any pause just emboldens them to go further. It was a bold move of Ukraine to stick it out but it was really their only option.

A lot of the talking heads have said mobilization isn't going to move the needle in the short term and possibly even years if ever at this rate particularly after the sanctions and all of the experts that have been killed and material lost.

Russia is already emptying prisons and possibly insane asylums(read somewhere) to boost numbers and they already raised the recruitment age and pay.

The results we're seeing now are with their professional army and conscripts fielded.... I don't think forced conscription can move the needle.

Where is the military they supposedly have now? There's no way there's 200k Russians in Ukraine frontline or otherwise and there's no way the Russian's have another million men kicking around somewhere.

Even if Russia could filed another army of conscripts how are they going to overcome their leadership, structural, and technical issues that they're facing?

They can't do combined arms, they can't communicate properly, and they can't even defend their own bases and supply lines.... More manpower can't fix that.

I saw a video shared from earlier today with like 3 BTGs worth of armor left behind when Izyum fell alone it was like looking at one of our air force boneyards but tanks and apcs

Oh and it even worth bringing up a lot of the Russian troops we see are being equiped with early cold war era equipment?!

It's unreal