Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

thoughts @Rhakim ?

How do you feel about Amnesty's statement yesterday as well?

I think it's horrible for Iran to be helping Russia. I also think they're unlikely to give two fukks what Chomsky or Corbyn have to say about it. If we were still within the bounds of the Iran deal there would have been a greater chance of preventing Iran from doing this, but as things stand they have little to lose and potentially even leverage to gain.

I haven't read the Amnesty report, but from the surface-level things I've heard and shyt I'd already seen before then I think it's likely true. Their sources, of course, are going to be far better than any of mine. Literally every time Amnesty criticizes anyone they're immediately hit with claims of bias, usually pro-Western or pro-UK bias, so it's a bit comical to see the technique immediately employed by the other side in this case. This isn't a sports match and I'm not some stan who screams at the refs every time they call an infraction against my team even if I wasn't watching the game when the call was made. The sources you've been posting are openly stanning, often to the point of propaganda, and I'm not seeing any evidence you have or even want an objective take on how either side is waging war, so why do you even care what a 3rd party like Amnesty has to say?

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

The best war news this month. The # of lives that will be saved if all the grain gets out cannot be taken lightly and I'm deeply grateful a diplomatic compromise was reached.

they can't catch a break, I guess the grain is heading for Tripoli and not Beirut

That's wild. My wife has good friends in Beirut who were there when the port blew and through everything else as well, though in a position of extreme privilege compared to most people there. What's happened in Lebanon is equal parts disheartening and pathetic. So many people have failed them including their government and those who support it.