Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps

Yeah, Russias invasion of Ukraine(who has the support of all western powers) is the same as the 91 Gulf war, when Iraq had just came out of a 10 year war with Iran. Its funny that iraq is being used as a example of good invasion :mjlol:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, Russias invasion of Ukraine(who has the support of all western powers) is the same as the 91 Gulf war, when Iraq had just came out of a 10 year war with Iran. Its funny that iraq is being used as a example of good invasion :mjlol:

So Russia is not Superpower?

Iraq had just invaded and annexed Kuwait successfully so idk what your point is about Iran-Iraq War... Iraq still had one of the largest militaries in the world

If anything Russia should've been able to handle Ukraine like the US did Iraq

The West didn't even really deliver heavy weapons until this month.

:patrice:

Superstar
Daps

Iraq had just invaded and annexed Kuwait successfully so idk what your point is about Iran-Iraq War... Iraq still had one of the largest militaries in the world

Iraq would have given Russia a run for its money back then, toe to toe. That’s the last time we’ve been able to really see the US military really stretch its legs without having to restrain itself. And that was a good 30-40%. I had a an uncle, and great aunt, and a cousin who crossed, in the beginning, and a cousin who was in a CSH. I also had a couple of senior NCO’s in 2nd Armor division. None of them expected to cut through the Iraqi army that fast. The same tank failure, lack of communication, and centralized decision making issues plagued the Iraqi’s as well.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Iraq would have given Russia a run for its money back then, toe to toe. That’s the last time we’ve been able to really see the US military really stretch its legs without having to restrain itself. And that was a good 30-40%. I had a an uncle, and great aunt, and a cousin who crossed, in the beginning, and a cousin who was in a CSH. I also had a couple of senior NCO’s in 2nd Armor division. None of them expected to cut through the Iraqi army that fast. The same tank failure, lack of communication, and centralized decision making issues plagued the Iraqi’s as well.

:ehh:

I'm really racking my brain to think of things Russia has done well this war. It's bizarre when you really think about it

Man I think the Iraq of then would've given the Russia of today a run for its money. Logistically I don't even think Russia could manage it considering what's happened in Ukraine but if they could!

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

you didn't even mention that the U.S. had to go halfway across the world to get there.
you also overlooked that the U.S. maintained a steady supply line to troops in Iraq for 8 years.
i'd also like to mention that the U.S. actually occupied the capital, Bagdad for pretty much the entire occupation.

fukk that illegal invasion and GWB, Powell, Stormin' Norman, Condi Rice, Rumsfeld, all of them.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

I'm really racking my brain to think of things Russia has done well this war. It's bizarre when you really think about it

Man I think the Iraq of then would've given the Russia of today a run for its money. Logistically I don't even think Russia could manage it considering what's happened in Ukraine but if they could!

i'm looking Google Earf right now and i dead ass don't see ass don't see how Russia could even get enough manpower and gear to Iraq to invade it in the first place. they would have to post up in Syria or Iran and launch from there but even then, the amount of time it would take to build up would telegraph what Russia was doing right away just like what happened with Ukraine.

yall throwing Russia into these imaginary wars with even more bum ass armies in places they can't even get to is hysterical.

Superstar
Daps

After the first stage fukk ups it looked like they were gathering themselves and becoming more decentralized. They started to adapt their tactics and logistics to the war they fighting, but their doctrine and re-centralization of leadership fukked that up.

Their unofficial “doctrine” would have been the same thing they did in Chechnya, Ukraine, Daegestan, Syria, Central African Republic, Mail, Libya, Mozambique, etc. Be extremely heavy handed and aggressively go after the civilian population to demoralize. It kind of works on a less organized rebel force, but it just makes a well organized Army fight back even harder. Russia would have to really depend on Syria and Iran to deal with something like Iraq. The violence would have been unreal.

Chef

All Star
Daps

Thanks for sharing the insight about war. I’ve read that at the time Iraqi’s Republicans Guard(?) were pretty much the elite fighting force. Did your family members have any type of interaction with with them or learn anything second hand?

Superstar
Daps
you didn't even mention that the U.S. had to go halfway across the world to get there.
you also overlooked that the U.S. maintained a steady supply line to troops in Iraq for 8 years.
i'd also like to mention that the U.S. actually occupied the capital, Bagdad for pretty much the entire occupation.

fukk that illegal invasion and GWB, Powell, Stormin' Norman, Condi Rice, Rumsfeld, all of them.

Most of our forces are logistics and support. Our doctrine is around 8/9 people to support/supply 1 line soldier. I think the marines are similar (the Navy is part of their logi train too), I’m not sure about the AF. We also leave a lot of equipment around the world, being maintained or stored, to be picked up and used when needed, until the rest of the Army catches up. Army Special operations, the 18th Airborne corps, Navy/marine expeditionary units, and AF and their special operations all lead while the ball gets rolling. Everyone else catches up for a big follow up blow, and it just keeps growing as needed.

All those people you mentioned were very arrogant and fukked things up early , as far as working with the Iraqi’s. I agree Iraq didn’t need to happen but it definitely didn’t need to be as bloody as it became. A lot of the violence (majority of it came from a sectarian war from 03-07) was because of a stupid decision by Paul Bremer.

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for sharing the insight about war. I’ve read that at the time Iraqi’s Republicans Guard(?) were pretty much the elite fighting force. Did your family members have any type of interaction with with them or learn anything second hand?

My uncle saw first hand with the 101st abn. My great Aunt, also in the 101st, saw the damage following the Armored units involved in the tank battles. My cousin worked in a CSH treating wounded, etc. one of the senior NCO’s got to see a lot of the surrendering. I think both sides were shocked at how quickly and violently everything happened. Once the ball gets rolling it’s hard to stop because it’s so well coordinated and decentralized, but communication is the most important part.