Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
4vemq2uj5uz81.png

:picard:

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

EDIT. SO IT WAS A NEPTUNE :wow:

"
On 17 August 2018, the missile successfully hit a target at a range of 100 kilometres (62 mi) during test firings in southern Odesa Oblast."

"The decision to develop an indigenous Ukrainian ASM began when Russian troops invaded and annexed the Crimean Peninsula in 2014"

The Neptune anti-ship missile: The weapon that may have sunk the Russian flagship Moskva
Maximum range is said to over 160miles:wow:

Damn I wonder how far inland they fired the missile from.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I'm not even talking about port - they've been talking like none of our aircraft carriers are safe anymore. Between satellites and improved cruise missiles they may be able to strike our ships almost anywhere.

Yes, I agree. I don't think we'll ever invade China, it's more a question of how effectively we can protect Taiwan, Philippines, Japan.

In terms of Russian obsessions they were fukking ignorant if they ever thought we were invading Russia. 99% of their legit concern was just not wanting USA to fukk with their sphere of influence.
Not too many nations can compete with our Naval Air forces.

Controlling the skies O would think would be key to neutralizing those guided land base missile attacks. Launch attacks from ships out of range

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Not too many nations can compete with our Naval Air forces.

Controlling the skies O would think would be key to neutralizing those guided land base missile attacks. Launch attacks from ships out of range

Our naval air forces are far, far superior to everyone else's. They're damn near the equal of the rest of the world combined.

But if I understand correctly, rumors are that China's DF-21D and DF-26B may be capable of hitting aircraft carriers up to 4,000 km out. Even if they don't have that capacity, the potential remains that they will have it soon. Losing an aircraft carrier would be a gargantuan blow that the US Navy would do almost anything to avoid. So if the capacity is true, then China might be able to carve out a huge region in the western Pacific that the US Navy would not be able to operate in at any meaningful level during a war over Taiwan. "Launch attacks from ships out of range" doesn't work as well if China can knock down everything from Taiwan to Guam.

Report: China’s ‘Aircraft-Carrier Killer’ Missiles Hit Target Ship in August