Russian Civil War Coup started: Russian Army attacks its own Mercenaries

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Is this a big deal or will put Putin put down this mini revolt? This is a serious question
Unless Prigo has a lot of support inside the military, I don't see how he gonna succeed. Wagner itself can't take over Moscow. Also, there is no assurance that the entire Wagner will follow him in such a risky operation.

The only question that matters is whether this will cause enough confusion for the russian lines to crumble and the Ukrainians to substantially advance.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like this is a fake couple like the one in turkey in 2016. Maybe it'd putins way to see who in the Russian military he needs to get rid off.
the whole war has just been putin trying to solidify his legacy with one last win

putin is a loser, and russia is a shythole that fails its people. hes in his 70s and on the verge of vacating office, so hes trying to gain respect by restoring the soviet union. its disgusting that people are dying over this

degu9089

All Star
Daps
I mean, I'd be surprised if the CIA was behind this in anyway. Wagner is toxic and the CIA directly helping them, if it came out, would be a spectacular PR failure.

I think his point is more than Putin doesn't know what the fukk is going on.
It’s probably not CIA backed, just by the simple fact that it’s actually happening. Unlike the Syria and Libyan backed militias.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s probably not CIA backed, just by the simple fact that it’s actually happening. Unlike the Syria and Libyan backed militias.
It’s somebody powerful, maybe a group of oligarchs. Regardless nobody sticks out their neck like this knowing what happens if they fail

If there was a time to attack it’s now, a majority of their soldiers has to be in Ukraine which leads Putin vulnerable

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So Putin is alive. Interesting. Also confirms this isn’t about the generals, it’s a full blown coup.

People saying Putin has the numbers but given the situation in Ukraine that’s not the case. Whether Wagner truly has 25k men or even if they only have 10k, it will be enough. Russian forces are hours away from Moscow right now, much of the military is ill prepared, and many will likely surrender.

Ukraine could retake all lost territory within a week at this point. The lines are gonna collapse.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt it. Russian analysis are saying that it's a way for putin to get re-elected

:scust: so he's really trying to die in office after 24 years in power. jesus christ

i know that america's on a lotta bullshyt, but i don't really look around the world and see too many other countries handling power limitations better. even the UK still has a fukkin royal family

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Putin needs more soldiers. The ones he currently has are worn down by battle and stuck in Ukraine, the elite ones are mostly dead, and the supplies/ammo/armor are already low because they have been dwindling for a year.

Perfect timing.

You might be right but 25k, if that is what Wagner have actually on the field after Bakhmut, might not be enough for whatever the fukk Wagner have planned. Hard to know what either side is or can mobilise right now.

All in all this is good news for Ukraine - unless Wagner actually take over.