RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Well, practically speaking, to target someone, to my mind, suggests that all available resources are focused exclusively on a specific person or thing. We here at the Justice Dept., and I think Special Counsel would agree, are focusing on the issue of Russian interference into our elections - not only to understand what happened but also how to prevent it in the future, investigating what if any assistance did they receive from Americans and finally, as the enacting regulations state, investigating any other crimes as they arise. I know there have been extensive cooperation and discussions with the Presidents lawyers and I can only say that to the extent that anyone, including the president, has an opinion regarding the Justice Department's investigatory process, I can assure them that we only seek the truth, wherever it may take us.

220px-Rod_Rosenstein_US_Attorney.jpg

This was a pretty brilliant impression, from an unlikely target. I would think the 2 years or so of following this has made us all pretty able to channel the formal and bureaucratic language of DOJ pressers and speeches, as well as political double speak.