RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'd like to think you're right, but IMO you're overestimating Trump voters. Correct me if you have some, but I haven't seen any evidence at all that many Trump voters are turning on him.

Every time Trump does something dumb or heinous (which is pretty often) I check the polls and his approval rating doesn't budge...and so far I haven't seen much to indicate the tariffs are having any effect. I don't doubt that farmers and small business owners will get fukked over...I just don't think they'll blame Trump for it. Trump will just say it's the Democrats or Obama's fault and they'll eat it up.:yeshrug:
the more people attack trump the deeper his supporters dig their heels in. shyt is political stockholm syndome

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Trump's current base is estimated at roughly 38% of voters. If he doesn't get his language and the particulars together on his imposed tariffs, he's going to lose at least half of that percentage.
Trump is not dropping below 30% that's #1.

#2 the total percentage does.not.matter. if all the republicans that hate him are in democratic states

tell us what state electorates have switched from red to blue

this % of voters line is another gimmick paraded by white folks that don't want to admit how fukked this countries electorate is

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Found on reddit
More like tribe loyalty, tribe loyalty, tribe loyalty:

• Exhibit 1: Opinion of Syrian airstrikes under Obama vs. Trump. Source Data 1, Source Data 2and Article for Context

• Exhibit 2: Opinion of the NFL after large amounts of players began kneeling during the anthem to protest racism. Article for Context (viewing source data requires purchasing Morning Consult package)

• Exhibit 3: Opinion of ESPN after they fired a conservative broadcast analyst. Article for Context (viewing source data requires purchasing YouGov’s “BrandIndex” package)

• Exhibit 4: Opinion of Vladimir Putin after Trump began praising Russia during the election. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 5: Opinion of "Obamacare" vs. "Kynect" (Kentucky's implementation of Obamacare). Kentuckians feel differently about the policy depending on the name. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 6: Christians (particularly evangelicals) became monumentally more tolerant of private immoral conduct among politicians once Trump became the GOP nominee. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 7: White Evangelicals cared less about how religious a candidate was once Trump became the GOP nominee. (Same source and article as previous exhibit.)

• Exhibit 8: Republicans were far more likely to embrace a certain policy if they knew Trump was for it—whether the policy was liberal or conservative. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 9: Republicans became far more opposed to gun control when Obama took office. Democrats have remained consistent. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 10: Republicans started to think college education is a bad thing once Trump entered the primary. Democrats remain consistent. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 11: Wisconsin Republicans felt the economy improve by 85 approval points the day Trump was sworn in. Graph also shows some Democratic bias, but not nearly as bad. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 12: Republicans became deeply negative about trade agreements when Trump became the GOP frontrunner. Democrats remain consistent. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 13: 10% fewer Republicans believed the wealthy weren't paying enough in taxes once a billionaire became their president. Democrats remain fairly consistent. Source Data and Article for Context

• Exhibit 14: Republicans suddenly feel very comfortable making major purchases now that Trump is president. Democrats don't feel more or less comfortable than before. Article for Context(viewing source data requires purchasing Gallup's Advanced Analytics package)

• Exhibit 15: Democrats have had a consistently improving outlook on the economy, including after Trump's victory. Republicans? A 30-point spike once Trump won. Source Data and Article for Context
[Exhibit Source]

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Another thing you guys forget when arguing whether Trump can win in 2020, WE'RE NOT GOING TO THE POLLS JUST TO VOTE FOR PRESIDENT.

That's the main reason everyone missed Hillary's loss. You guys need to look at the midterm results, specifically the senator and governor races. Why? Because those are won by popular vote.

Look at the primary turnout of previous years and then the final results on election night. Copy down the trends. Notate whether it was a midterm or presidential election. Extrapolate to find your conclusion.

TLDR: Trump can win in 2020 if the Republican party runs strong candidates in all of their US. Senator and Governor races because people will go to the polls to vote for THEIR statesmen AND by default will vote for Trump instead of leaving their ballot blank.

That's why I keep telling y'all Dems have to find a way to completely demoralize the conservative base to the point that they're on suicide watch. If a republican goes to the polls this fall or in 2020 THEY ARE VOTING FOR TRUMP. That's why "never Trumpism" doesn't work and doesn't make any fukkn sense. Nobody who walks into that booth is leaving that first slot blank. You keep them from voting (like in Alabama) and increase democratic turnout. Both strategies have to be in place in these red states. It's literally the only way to beat him in red states.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Purple states. He's had significant drops in states he carried in 2016.

You can scroll through here.

How Trump’s Popularity Is Holding Up, By State

Wisconsin
Michigan
Pennsylvania

Almost NC.
I get what you're saying, but here's the problem with those states, I'll take Wisconsin. Obama won it by 14 points in 08 and in '10 Paul Ryan and Scott Walker crushed the buildings.

In Michigan, if I'm not mistaken, Democrats have won the popular vote in 2 of the last 3 elections.

It's important to note:
DgZLcCiW0AAxeKi.jpg:large

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
DgZnOVHWkAE8ho_.jpg:large

Also as long as these kids stay home, old people will continue to dominate politics
Agreed, doesn't matter how much they hate trump, they will hate democrats more. Dems need an agenda and they need to push it....like....yesterday. I'd be willing to switch to Republican for the primaries to vote for his opposition because I know he will be reelected if he makes it to the general