RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I assure you they aren't dead silent. They are EVERYWHERE. Go to any red state or even in the more rural or small business areas of blue states and you'll see them out in full force. I'd say they are more vocal now than they've ever been.
Some folks are in their bubble.

This president is over 45 percent approval rating. That’s almost have the population.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
This idea that "latinos" are going to be sure democratic voters and they are going to vehemently oppose Republicans due to their racism is a bit faulty in my opinion and if anyone is going to go to bat for Latinos in thinking they are going to join a POC alliance against white supremacy for the foreseeable future may be disappointed.

There are signs that Latinos are trending towards taking the old fashion traditional route of hoping to be absorbed into the "white" category over time and to do that, they may be willing to subscribed to the worst of "pro America" rhetoric which is usually just plain ole right wing racism and xenophobia.

Hispanic Identity Fades Across Generations as Immigrant Connections Fall Away
NPR Choice page
- The Washington Post

So, I hate to fearmonger but black folks may need to consider the idea that you may be importing a bunch of people who as they disconnect from "immigrant" identity through generations, but maintain strong religious ties to Catholicism and also the strong desire to assimilate into the white dominate culture, may be future right wing voters.

I see a disturbing number of Hispanics who are part of this alt-right internet culture. Quite a few Sanchez and mendezes in there :stopitslime:

This is what white people do, its almost a pillar of white culture at this point... they assimilate.

Back in the day Irish and Italians weren't considered white but as the whites with british and wealthy origins saw their numbers dwindling, they decided to draft out. They adopted those Irish, Greek and Italians that were rivals and opposition into the fold and they WILL do that with White Mexicans and light skinned Latinos.

Black people's best bet is allying with Asians honestly but they aren't really feared by whites in the same manner or have the same kind of issues, so it could be a bridge too far.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I am :lolbron:

I guess in short I can say, I'm not surprised to see a sizeable minority of "Latinos" voting for Trump. :hhh:

They like "When he shyts on Mexicans, he talking about MEXICANS, I'm a Cuban-American. No sweat off my back :yeshrug:"

When you have races and cultures of people that didn't have their culture and identity stripped away, they don't feel as strong as an attachment to it because they are able to choose what they want and go back and forth as the situations allows. Black Americans don't really have that options.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Some folks are in their bubble.

This president is over 45 percent approval rating. That’s almost have the population.

Very true, but it extends on both sides.

We as black people don't really have the luxury of remaining in our bubbles and I don't think its a good strategy for anyone. Its always a good idea to have a few members of the opposition in your life, in your social media, in your news feeds, etc. just so you can know and study what they are doing and how they move. It could literally be the differences between wins and losses.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I assure you they aren't dead silent. They are EVERYWHERE. Go to any red state or even in the more rural or small business areas of blue states and you'll see them out in full force. I'd say they are more vocal now than they've ever been.
the one's in the suburbs who have to live amongst dems/sane people have definitely gone silent.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Can you believe 60+ million people voted this lunatic into office? Where are those people now? Dead silent. Living their lives like nothing happened. But when the midterm general election takes place they will come out of hiding and vote for the same lunatics.
My wife works with a bunch of right wing church freaks and almost all the women she works with say they don't even look at their ballots. They just give it to their husbands and they vote for them.:sadcam:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Damn, ABC is not playing.

Will be annoying to hear/see right wingers bytch and moan about being "silenced" but it will be worth it - hopefully she catches a heart attack during her eventual meltdown.

I bet co-stars are like :martin: "bytch we just started getting money again and you had to go and fuk it up"

You're the type to get the work, fukk it up, come back, and say I got robbed

:russ: