RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think you are thinking of this in too simple of terms. They did not just find everyone in Ohio and spammed those folks with ads. They used data gathered for specific users and force fed those users specific content to ensure or flip their vote.

Think of it in terms of if you are attending a conference of 100 people and upon signing up there is a survey on preferred mobile device type. Using this information Google or Apple sponsors the conference depending on the results to target product and service offerings to the attendees. The company that sponsored the conference would have only known to do so with the help of the survey data.

Thanks for breaking it down. That matches up with my understanding of how they used Facebook to micro target users based on the Audience Insights tool.

I still feel that if they are competent enough to run a troll farm, then micro targeting for specific users should be light work.

I am starting to find the Facebook/social media aspect of the investigation more intriguing than the actual collusion allegations.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Kanye was right twitter and Facebook did lie to us :damn:

I could see it every time I looked at comments on news articles on FB. Lots of fake accounts with like four pictures, typed with poor grammar, and overwhelmingly supportive of Trump. Because we have too many idiots in the US like this already, the trolls blended in perfectly.

I remember how I would see some of the same accounts posting on NPR, CNN, MSNBC, and my local Fox station. :merchant:

Even saw Nigerians/Ugandans that were obviously being paid to create FB accounts and support Trump. :mjcry: Accounts created in 2015 and started posting non-stop about the election and "crooked Hillary" around June 2016. :damn:
tYwwDA6.png

IdPWK0G.png

nb2oe5I.png

N8huhVK.png

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I think you are thinking of this in too simple of terms. They did not just find everyone in Ohio and spammed those folks with ads. They used data gathered for specific users and force fed those users specific content to ensure or flip their vote.

Think of it in terms of if you are attending a conference of 100 people and upon signing up there is a survey on preferred mobile device type. Using this information Google or Apple sponsors the conference depending on the results to target product and service offerings to the attendees. The company that sponsored the conference would have only known to do so with the help of the survey data.

But isn't that "survey" information readily available from Facebook and provided to its big ad buyers as targeted ad options? I thought that was the entire draw of Facebook ads...the amount of info that they have on its users and their ability to provide targeted ads based on said user info.

Couldn't Russia have simply studied publicly available election data and coupled that with Facebook's targeted ad system to sway the vote without the aid of an insider?

Regading ad content..they would not have to do much research...all they had to do was watch US news to gain an understanding of what fake ads would push the most buttons.

For example...they could have simply said hello Facebook, I'd like to purchase $25,000 in ads targeted toward white, Christian males, aged, 25-40, from these 50 counties on these 4 swing states.

What am Imissing here?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
LOL @ some of the responses

"Vietnam vet" trying to tell a WW2 vet he should'nt take a knee :laff:

I mean it's quite ridiculous for any vet to tell another vet who isn't on a military base and still enlisted how to act towards the flag.

However I don't think a vietnam vet has any less prestige than a WW2 vet. If it were commander to commander and they were talking tactics, maybe.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I mean it's quite ridiculous for any vet to tell another vet who isn't on a military base and still enlisted how to act towards the flag.

However I don't think a vietnam vet has any less prestige than a WW2 vet. If it were commander to commander and they were talking tactics, maybe.
Reading through that thread, I don't believe any of those dudes who say they served in Nam

And the fact of the matter is, there's a good chance that "Nam Vet" wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the WW2 Vet so he should especially pipe the fukk down when telling another vet how to act towards the flag.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Reading through that thread, I don't believe any of those dudes who say they served in Nam

And the fact of the matter is, there's a good chance that "Nam Vet" wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the WW2 Vet so he should especially pipe the fukk down when telling another vet how to act towards the flag.

There's more "vets" online than there are people who actually ever served.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

ALL of the military folks I know, that actually served, or are currently serving, are like "wouldn't kneel for the anthem, but I fought for the freedoms of this country to allow it, and I support this". It's mainly these fukking a$$holes that are completely trying to politicize this shyt looking for wins and divide and conquer, and wives and family of military that are virtue signaling all over social media.
To your point on Vietnam vets, they were set up to fail so fukking badly. At least WW2 vets got to feel a sense of pride in winning a war and stopping evil. Vietnam vets were sent to a foreign land, poorly trained, were fighting for nothing in a war that the American people didn't want, and came home to a country that didn't treat them very well. Now they have a president that dodged the fukking draft with his families wealth, while telling everybody how to be the perfect patriot. The messenger is a fukking piece of shyt coward, so how the fukk must the active military must really feel getting behind someone like that. I understand a lot of these folks are happy that he is trying to throw more money at the military, and that's great for them, but at the same time, aloe of complaints from military folks are that leadership is a problem, and going out and trying to pick fights with all these other countries without trying at a diplomatic solution is putting their lives in danger. They love Mattis because he unites them, and appears to care, seems to value his soldiers, Trump on the other hand gives off the impression that they are his personal goons, and that their individual lives are insignificant. The guy is a fukking clown.