RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
So at this point it's a matter of when, not if Sessions will be gone (whether he resigns or is fired). Are Cruz or Giuliani really serious contenders for the position? And why would Congress be in a rush to confirm either one of them?

I think Mueller's days are numbered too

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So at this point it's a matter of when, not if Sessions will be gone (whether he resigns or is fired). Are Cruz or Giuliani really serious contenders for the position? And why would Congress be in a rush to confirm either one of them?

I think Mueller's days are numbered too
I'm hearing that if he picks a guy during recess then they can skip the confirmation hearing and just get the job.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Had the GOAT dream. Mueller's investigation concluded and the results forced Paul Ryan to say we're doing articles of impeachment. The articles passed the House Judiciary committee, then passed the House vote, then went to the Senate for trial and they voted to convict/remove Trump by one vote. A range of emotions are on the Senate floor after the result is read, Trump immediately tweets from the white house that he's not going anywhere. Congress sends the military to forcefully remove Trump and anyone else from the white house and he does NOT get the option to use Air Force One or Marine One to go to his final destination.

Trump is taken out while his wife and daughter are crying buckets.

Trump is held outside of the white house by the military, and walking toward Trump is Pence and the Chief Justice of the US to take the oath of office. Trump is shocked and forced to watch in handcuffs while Pence has this shyt eating grin on his face as the chief says congratulations Mr.President. Pence immediately fires Bannon, Conway, and Trump's whole team.
No firing squad even in your dream :francis:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Breh, we gotta work like prime Kobe just to be able to keep up with this shyt:hubie:

Between this, the Melo trade and stuff I'm working on I had to upgrade my set up to 2 computers and the phone going at all times:whew:
Melo a rocket :wtf:

Didn't check sports it's all trump fukkery this morning :wow:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
There are special exceptions in place to help a normal president during an emergency situation. Of course Komrade Kreamsicle would be trying to exploit those exceptions to attempt to save his own ass.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but how does a recess constitute an emergency situation?

I think Trump has turned up the pressure to discredit his DOJ so that he can clear the way to fire Mueller and pardon everyone if need be. He doesn't want anyone not 100% loyal to him to be around him and he clearly feels that his DOJ isn't loyal. With that said, I could certainly see him doing what you're suggesting, just seems crazy that he would have that option

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'm not saying I don't believe you but how does a recess constitute an emergency situation?

I think Trump has turned up the pressure to discredit his DOJ so that he can clear the way to fire Mueller and pardon everyone if need be. He doesn't want anyone not 100% loyal to him to be around him and he clearly feels that his DOJ isn't loyal. With that said, I could certainly see him doing what you're suggesting, just seems crazy that he would have that option
I'm not sure when it was written but The exception would make sense if it was written in the 1700s. Something cathostraphic happens and the president needs to appoint someone, with how slow people and news traveled it would be in the best interest of the country for the president to have that power. Obviously, it should be revised for a modern government.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

The recess isn't the emergency, it is not having an AG that would be the emergency.

For example, the AG may be scheduled to argue on behalf of the government in front of the Supreme Court. If the AG were to pass away or something happen where he/she can't perform their duty it could jeopardize the government's ability to win that case. In such a case it would be necessary to get a replacement in so that the government could continue operating.

Of course, that is under 'normal' circumstances. :francis: