RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
@tru_m.a.c he was caught lying in a few exchanges and the Comey firing and everything to do with the Comey firing is pretty clear cut obstruction of justice by the President. I don't know if there was Russian collusion, I think it's likely that the administration is stonewalling because there's other shyt going on on the business end with Russia that they don't want revealed.

Problem is the Dems don't have the man power or enough strong Dems in Washington right now to be able to close this case. They need to put Flynn and some of these other guys under intense pressure and hope they flip.

But at the end of the day, I don't think any of that will happen unfortunately. I think someone like Sessions may step down eventually but the only way to get Trump is to show up at the polls in numbers net November.
Look, I agree with the obstruction of justice charge, but he wasn't "caught lying" yet. That's why he keeps saying "I don't know" and "If my memory serves me correctly". Nobody is nailing him on his confirmation faux pas because they can't.

Put it this way, if Jeff Sessions committed perjury and it was an open and shut case, then Congress would be held legally responsible for not pursuing action. See what I'm getting at? Nobody is asking what is the legal recourse against Congress if they allow perjury to take place.

Everyone is playing this "I don't know game" because the moment they do uncover evidence, or they do corner Jeff Sessions in public, then they have the responsibility to report it and take action. That's why Jeff Sessions said he self-recused himself from all Russian activities. That's why, regardless of everyone knowing they shouldn't have left Comey with Trump, they ultimately did so and didn't ask questions. This is why nobody raised concerns with anyone not protected by executive privilege. Incompetence or running from your responsibilities to avoid a compromising situation is not a fireable offense when you're the one in power. You can't charge him for not acting on information he didn't know. And only the President can fire the AG.

This is the thing about these committees. It's not their job to prosecute or defend. It's their job to investigate. So even if they half ass the investigation, they're still doing their job. When Trump is eventually forced to resign, every Republican on that committee will go back to their constituents, stand tall, and say the following, "We followed the proper protocols for a thorough investigation. When we started the investigation, the evidence we were receiving was insufficient at best. We had to deal with democrats pushing partisan agendas. But when we got the correct information, from the correct sources, we moved on it with all the power of the constitution and made the legal and proper call for the sake of our countries national security."

And they will be applauded. And they will be re-elected.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
chX7rul.png

a0QOwco.png