Russell Wilson officially stakes his claim: “Baby Future is my son!!”

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats the over-under on if the kid changes his name legally :lolbron:
I am tryna figure out why it hasnt happened already. They split when he was super young. Tupac wasnt born Tupac. Its one thing to keep a regular name, but its rather silly to keep a name like "Future" if you aint with Future anymore. I could even see he was an actual Jr. but you letting your kid walk around with this nikka's nickname?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with this topic is y'all always thinking about the woman and the kid.
Yea, shts cool for them and will always be cool.
Lil dude got a supportive man around to show him sht and buy him sht.
The woman got a sucka, opposite of the dude she laid with to make the kid, to care about her

But what about the man who step in to raise another nikkaz kid.
What does he get.
He ain't getting sht but more responsibility and maybe the potential for that lil nikka to remind him he ain't his daddy one day.
Or that woman to divorce him and take that bond away that him and the kid built.

If RW was my homie I woulda smacked that nikka in the back of his fckin head if he told me he was dating Ciara.

nikka you know how many beautiful, nonwashed up chix, that haven't been fckin rappers and got kids there is out here.
Smh
The kid is who matters the most. The fewer black young men growing up without fathers the better.

I get what you are saying about Russ. And I personally would look to avoid such a situation. But he chose this over all those other chicks so obviously he is getting something out of it. He aint being held hostage.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
The kid is who matters the most. The fewer black young men growing up without fathers the better.

I get what you are saying about Russ. And I personally would look to avoid such a situation. But he chose this over all those other chicks so obviously he is getting something out of it. He aint being held hostage.
Exactly. He’s getting the woman he wants to be with. Which is why men have married women with kids since the beginning of time (and women marry men with kids). It’s really not deeper than that. For some men, it’s the only way to get the woman they want. And they feel no shame with that. They’re happy with their woman while other people are laughing at them while miserable. For others, it’s not a thing they care about at all.

mag357

Superstar
Daps

To the bolded first.

It's like when anybody is making a bad decision.
They are doing what they want to do because they don't know any better.
That's why it's good to have real people with life experience to tell you the tough things.
Usually it's your parents, or your homie.
But your parents can be inexperienced in today's world and his friends might be the same type of men as him.

And yes... That kid should matter the most to the people who made him.
It's ok to care about kids that's not yours but he only cares about that kid because he loves the mother. And he loves the mother cause he probably was infatuated with her being famous at one time.

I hope all goes well but this sht is like watching a car accident about to happen in slow motion

mag357

Superstar
Daps
How does that make HIM gullible? He has a zero tolerance mindset for cheating unlike his wife. Who wins in THAT scenario?

Second, men always ask why a famous man doesn’t just go find some woman who looks as good as a female celebrity but is humble with zero bodies and teaches kindergarten in middle America. Russell Wilson has seen more of this country than most of us ever will just by being a professional athlete. Not to mention his own personal travels. If these unicorns existed they would find them. Also, a good woman isn’t going to leave a good man for a maybe relationship with an athlete.

He is clearly very intelligent because he is rich, very successful, and plays a professional position known for high intellect. Has nothing to do with his choice in women. Men are more than that.

The type of woman you choose is a reflection of yourself.
It's that simple.

You could work for NASA. And wife up a known slut. People would consider you a dumbass

And to your second point about good women teaching kindergarten, zero bodies etc.
You can tell he literally just went for the first famous chick he could get.
I don't know about the fantasy perfect woman but he couldve easily found an unknown woman from the church, with no kids.
We wouldn't be clowning him.

Let's get this straight also, shorty wanted to marry Future, a rapper with madd kids.
He didn't want to marry her.
She also was 50cents hoe, bout to fight a cracca over him.

U at least would like to date a woman who's Ls aren't public. Let's just start there

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the bolded first.

It's like when anybody is making a bad decision.
They are doing what they want to do because they don't know any better.
That's why it's good to have real people with life experience to tell you the tough things.
Usually it's your parents, or your homie.
But your parents can be inexperienced in today's world and his friends might be the same type of men as him.

And yes... That kid should matter the most to the people who made him.
It's ok to care about kids that's not yours but he only cares about that kid because he loves the mother. And he loves the mother cause he probably was infatuated with her being famous at one time.

I hope all goes well but this sht is like watching a car accident about to happen in slow motion
I get what you are saying and I most certainly would advise my kids against it. But its not like she some broke rat with 8 baby daddies. She obviously made a horrible choice in who to breed with but if you aint a virgin you are one broken condom or miscalculation away from being in the same boat so nobody can really judge off that alone. Otherwise she got her own bread, everything I see is her being respectful towards him, and she is keeping herself together and aging well.

Their sitaution is actually more ideal than most. He obviously wanted a family. Money isnt an issue. The baby daddy is staying out they way. Those are the big 3 issues when you are talking about getting with a single mom.

Most kids are the result of a guy being infatutated with a woman or vice versa. Some come from a dude just taking what he could get at the time. Sex is just a biological urge and procreation is a result. What matters, and what makes you a parent, is what you do once that kid is here. Sure he may have had a crush on Ciara but that aint gonna make you take on a whole child if thats not what you want. He obviously wants to be the kids father, and while again I wouldnt advise it for mine, I can never knock a man raising a young man and establishing a healthy black family.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Unless Russ is doing shyt to prevent Future Sr. from seeing Future Jr. I have no issue with how Russ raises that boy. Kid has a chance at being a well-adjusted adult despite his codeine and promethazine connoisseur for a father.

Exactly. I don't get this whole disdain for what Russ is doing. What is he supposed to do, make the little kid feel different and neglected? If you don't really want to raise another man's kids, just don't date single moms period. A man that punishes a kid because of a relationship he chose to be in is weak.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. I don't get this whole disdain for what Russ is doing. What is he supposed to do, make the little kid feel different and neglected? If you don't really want to raise another man's kids, just don't date single moms period. A man that punishes a kid because of a relationship he chose to be in is weak.
It comes from the unlikely combo of dudes that are bitter about being passed over for degenerates and feeling like being alone forever is a woman's comeuppance (no judgement or hate, I can relate but I moved passed the bitter stage) AND dudes that identify with or wish they could identify with the degeneracy that Future cosplays.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It comes from the unlikely combo of dudes that are bitter about being passed over for degenerates and feeling like being alone forever is a woman's comeuppance (no judgement or hate, I can relate but I moved passed the bitter stage) AND dudes that identify with or wish they could identify with the degeneracy that Future cosplays.
This is one part, but there's also a segment of people who take on a pseudo morally righteous disposition. I get it, ideal family situation is mom, dad, kids and I generally think that's the ideal family structure, but life happens. A worse situation is 2 parents who do not like each other attempting to raise a child in dysfunction. Not to be corny and cliché but if someone else steps up, kudos to that person.

I make this distinction because there's a difference between that and people who squirt and skate. And clearly Future has that track record even before Ciara.