Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think we go Oline with 31
I think we'll try to trade down using that 4th rounder to get another pick in second or third. otherwise a WR or a DB. Ruiz is nice cuz he can play any interior oline spot, but I dont think he fits our scheme

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Javon Kinlaw is now, his collegiate defensive line coach said, what he was made to be.

“There are not many 6-6, 300-plus pound guys who have his athleticism,” John Scott Jr. said. “He’s strong, and he’s got something that only God can give you: extremely long arms. He can separate off blockers with quick twitch. If you had to draw up the body type for (the NFL), that would be it.”

The San Francisco 49ers will put that body to the test, having selected Kinlaw with the 14th pick in the draft.

Scott coached the defensive line at South Carolina in Kinlaw’s senior season. Before that time, he spent the 2015 and 2016 seasons coaching defense for the New York Jets. Even as an amateur, Kinlaw compared favorably to anyone Scott coached in pro football.

“Javon makes you smile as a coach,” Scott said. “He’s physical. He’s a tough-minded guy. I like the way he practices. He practices hard. He came into camp in shape, so he’s moving around well.”

Kinlaw started 34 games and played in 37 at South Carolina. In that time, he had 93 tackles and 10.5 sacks. He also used his pterodactyl-ish wingspan to deflect 10 passes and block three kicks.

At the NFL combine, pro teams received an official number on Kinlaw’s wingspan: 83 3/4 inches. That’s a quarter-inch shy of seven feet. Kinlaw referred to them as “hockey sticks” at the combine.

The pre-draft process was good for Kinlaw even if it was abbreviated by what he described as knee tendinitis that ended his Senior Bowl week after two practices and prompted him to skip the physical testing at the combine. But it only took those two days of practice at the Senior Bowl to send his draft stock soaring.

“He just kind of took the whole thing over,” ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay said on one of the network’s podcasts. “It was so obvious that he was the best player there.”

He was the best player on the field in South Carolina’s 20-17 win over then-No. 3 Georgia, too. Kinlaw finished with four tackles and a sack but his presence was far greater than those statistics. He barely came out of the game even though Georgia had 95 offensive snaps and Gamecocks head coach Will Muschamp tried several times to pull him off the field.

“He said, ‘The hell with y’all!’ and went back in the game,” Muschamp said after the game. “You ever seen him? He’s about that big (holding his hand above his head). I said, ‘Hey, let him keep playing.’”

Kinlaw’s senior season and his draft preparation process has been the culmination of a long journey that has had an upward trajectory since he enrolled at South Carolina. After battling homelessness as a child and spending one year at junior college because he didn’t qualify academically out of high school, he arrived in Columbia his sophomore year weighing 340 pounds but immediately embraced the team’s nutrition program and weight room.

“That’s the thing where I’ve seen Javon take his game to the next level as far as off-the-field preparation, nutrition, eating the right way, working out in the weight room, in the film room watching film, studying his opponent,” Muschamp said. “Coming in to us on a Monday, and saying, ‘Hey, man, I really like the matchup here.’ When you get those kind of back-and-forths from a player, that’s really important.”

Kinlaw, who didn’t begin playing football until his sophomore year of high school, believes his best days are ahead of him.

“I haven’t even scratched the surface to my pass rush,” he said. “A lot of the times, I’d just be out there bull-rushing, just walking guys back. So once I get that right coaching, the sky is the limit.’ I love looking at a man in his eyes and him knowing he can’t stop you.’’

He also will arrive for his first professional practice extremely motivated because of the birth of daughter Eden Amara during his final year of college. She turned 1 this month.

“I feel like I needed it at this point in my life right now,” Kinlaw said of fatherhood. “It helped me mature on and off the field. She’s gotta eat, and she’s going to be a big girl.”

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I'm down for that. QB pressure and run stop every play:blessed:
Who's the best DL coming out next year, we'll need him to start next to Kinlaw
c3866e03881d0d39357320cfd7a575dc.png