Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Garoppolo is the ideal quarterback for Shanahan's offense, which features heavily on the zone-run scheme. All Garoppolo has done is complete 67.6% of his passes with 39 TDs to 21 INTs and a 99.2 passer rating. Garoppolo has been criticized for being a game manager, but the 49ers finished third in completion rate (68.81%) and yards per pass (7.9). He also completed 69.7% of his passes with six TDs, one INT and a 105.6 rating in the fourth quarter, making the Super Bowl LIV performance an anomaly rather than how he's performed throughout the year. Garoppolo also completed 72.7% of his passes with 11 TDs and three INTs for a 115.7 rating when trailing last season.

:ehh:

And just to piggyback off this great post:wow::salute:

Hi Haters:youngsabo:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
giphy.gif

@South Paw

I hate you :unimpressed:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Everytime I get a notification of a quote or mention from you, I know it's gonna be some shyt
:francis:

I hope you feel the same :mjlit:

shyt bout to ramp up as we get into training camp..... there IS no escape for you and let Russ decide not to play this season:wow:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Good Morning guys, today let's take a look at the Tight Ends on our squad

Tight Ends

George Kittle - I don't think I need to introduce this man at this point. George Kittle is now one of the NFLs premier players and the best tight end in football. Despite his lean build hides a springy like body full of wiry strength. George almost never drops an open pass and he shrugs off defenders like mosquito bites. I am still in awe of the play last season against the Saints where it essentially took 3 defenders to keep him taking it all the way to the house on a dime from Jimmy Garapollo. George Kittle has made tight ends from Iowa a hot commodity in part because like Kittle many of them can thrive off the line of scrimmage. One think Kittle does just as well as receiving is blocking you can make an argument that it's even better. Kilttle came in a capable blocker as a rookie but not he blocks with the technique of a left tackle. When he is not on the field the running game almost completely stalls, he makes that much of a difference. He doesn't even really block as much as he seems to just drive himself through defenders, if possible he looks to lift them off the ground and drive them back and does so more often than not. One issue that is a concern though is INJURIES. He has had a tendency to get nicked up and playing with a torn labrum is concerning because if you damage it too much that is a very long, costly and painful operation to endure. Even so, the team needs to to work out a deal to keep him on the team long term. He is the best in football and I think is necessary if we want to take home ring #6

Skills: A
Performance: A
Potential: A-

Overall: A

Ross Dwelley

6'5 240 lb UDFA from San Diego. Ross as of right now is the 2nd most experienced TE on the team. Starting as TE #2 in 6 games and getting 2 TD in the Rams game, has gained him some valuable experience on top of playing special teams. The team just gave him a 1 year contract this offseason so it's clear they are giving him another year to show marked improvement before potentially giving him a longer term contract. Even as such, I never saw him as a true 2nd TE, he can be a decent red zone target but that seems more a fit for a 3rd/Special teams TE than the #2 but we'll see how much he improves this year.

Skills: C
Performance: C
Potential: C-

Overall: C

Charlie Woerner

6th Round 2020 draft pick. TE from Georgia he was not much of a factor in a relatively high powered offense. I think his skillset is to be a blocker first, receiver 2nd as his routes are clumsy and despite his size he can can be knocked out of them by more aggressive defenders. I think this is a means of making up for cutting Kaden Smith last year who is now in the Giants starting lineup and I think Kaden has more upside as he has shown he can make plays in the endzone. Woerner cannot at this point in his development but perhaps that is something he can improve upon moving forward under the coaching staff and George Kittles tutelage. If he can do that that he could supplant Ross Dwelley.

Skills: C
Performance: C
Potential: C+

Overall: C

Chase Harell

2020 UDFA. This one is intersting. Nothing he does on tape really stands out, but he is a very food athlete having lined up on both sides of the ball in high school and college. As of right now, I see him as more of a special teams potential type of player though there is a chance he could figure in the offense as a move TE at 6'5 250 lbs. Realistically this is a 2 year project at best though.

Skills: D+
Performance: D+
Potential: C-

Overall D+

Daniel Helm

A 2019 UDFA picked up by the Chargers last year. Helm is already 25 years old so there's not much upside.This is a camp body scouts team player.

Skills: F
Performance: F
Potential: F

Overall: F

Unit Analysis

George Kittle is the star of the group no doubting that. Here's the issue. I wonder if it may have been more prudent to bring in another veteran TE to bookend Kittle. Tyler Eifert signed a relatively cheap contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But it's clear the front office believes someone will step up and become a solid contributor. Because of Kittle gets hurt it hurts both the running and passing game. Fingers crossed. Because it's George Kittle and co.

Unit Grade: B

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the process Kyle/Lynch took with the TE position since they got here. They’ve gotten real good production out of the TEs despite not drafting one any higher than the 5th round

Similar to RBs, teams are better off drafting TEs later than earlier. I remember when Baalke used a 2nd rounder on Vance McDonald :mjlol:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like the process Kyle/Lynch took with the TE position since they got here. They’ve gotten real good production out of the TEs despite not drafting one any higher than the 5th round

Similar to RBs, teams are better off drafting TEs later than earlier. I remember when Baalke used a 2nd rounder on Vance McDonald :mjlol:

I liked Vance McDonald but who ever thought he was a better prospect than Travis Kelce should have been keelhauled.