Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Jennings looks really slow, just fast enough for d1 but the making it in the nfl might be a mirage. If Pettis was getting traded it probably would of happened already but with Taylor coming off 5 surgeries I can’t see a trade at this point
Jennings seems pretty hungry. So I'm not going to count him out. His playstyle definitely reminds me of Anquan. Pettis and Taylor aren't tough competition for him, so I see him making the team.

Too bad bum ass Pettis is stuck here.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I don't know why the management keeps dumping on him when he clearly isn't responding to that. I think they are trying to motivate him, in their minds.
I think it's more of not being wrong. They do the same with Solly. It's hard to say we fukked up.....TWICE. So you are going to try to make it work. But you also look dumb because Pettis don't even be on the field at this point.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jennings seems pretty hungry. So I'm not going to count him out. His playstyle definitely reminds me of Anquan. Pettis and Taylor aren't tough competition for him, so I see him making the team.

Too bad bum ass Pettis is stuck here.

One thing Jennings is not aquan, yes there both slow but quan was very agile and had a quick step. Jennings looks like he’s playing in slow motion, u know what he looks like? a te trying to play wr.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
One thing Jennings is not aquan, yes there both slow but quan was very agile and had a quick step. Jennings looks like he’s playing in slow motion, u know what he looks like? a te trying to play wr.
Even with that. He still is better than bum Pettis. :mjlol:

He's fast as shyt and can't catch a cold or get separation. :stopitslime:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Even with that. He still is better than bum Pettis. :mjlol:

He's fast as shyt and can't catch a cold or get separation. :stopitslime:
Separation is the one thing Pettis was heralded for. His inability to find it last year has to be indicative of what Lynch was saying about him not coming in ready to play last year, because year one dude looked like he could juke a nikka in a phone booth. Here's hope he surprises people this coming year. And if he's not looking like it on the field, I'd hope they give him a shot at PR. If nothing more than because getting on the field in those situations can actually improve his utility on offense - get him in there getting hit, but also being in open field with everyone bearing down on him. Makes playing WR less heavy on one's mind if they're on the field already doing... something.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think it's more of not being wrong. They do the same with Solly. It's hard to say we fukked up.....TWICE. So you are going to try to make it work. But you also look dumb because Pettis don't even be on the field at this point.

Maybe but I still think it's too early to bail on him, he showed plenty of promise in year one, it's not like Solly who was a average his entire time here. I think his issues were more mental and if he can come out ready to play great if not at minimum he can be a return guy and contribute that way assuming he makes the roster.

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Maybe but I still think it's too early to bail on him, he showed plenty of promise in year one, it's not like Solly who was a average his entire time here. I think hos issues were more mental and if he can come out ready to play great if not at minimum he can be a return guy and contribute that way assuming he makes the roster.
Most beat writers say he gets cut from what I've been seeing. :yeshrug:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
If they really want to get Pettis going then they have to manufacture ways to get the ball on his hands like they did with Deebo. Reverses, screens, etc. That'll build his confidence quickly.

Problem is, I think they've mentally moved on. The man was a healthy scratch during the Superbowl and they DRAFTED 2 receivers. There's a report that they tried to trade him during the draft to the Packers but that fell through.

At any rate, if Jennings does what he did in college (bully DB's and be hard to tackle) I think it's a wrap for Pettis. Aiyuk is already slotted to start opposite Deebo. As fukked up as it is, Pettis shytting the bed last season likely spelled his end unless he balls out in TC/preseason.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
If your going criticize Pettis don’t lie about not getting separation because what he does best
He does nothing best. Instead of making up all of these excuses about why he isn't good. Just accept that he is trash and you were wrong about him.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
If they really want to get Pettis going then they have to manufacture ways to get the ball on his hands like they did with Deebo. Reverses, screens, etc. That'll build his confidence quickly.

Problem is, I think they've mentally moved on. The man was a healthy scratch during the Superbowl and they DRAFTED 2 receivers. There's a report that they tried to trade him during the draft to the Packers but that fell through.

At any rate, if Jennings does what he did in college (bully DB's and be hard to tackle) I think it's a wrap for Pettis. Aiyuk is already slotted to start opposite Deebo. As fukked up as it is, Pettis shytting the bed last season likely spelled his end unless he balls out in TC/preseason.

I find it crazy they couldn't have trade him. Is he that bad that no team even wanted to give up a 7th rounder? Or did the 49ers ask for too much? I mean Goodwin got traded fairly quickly and he has been really injury prone the last few seasons.

I agree about Jennings. You virtually have two WR's with him and Hurd that will bully DB's. :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

What if I told you I started that rumor!

giphy.gif

Gotta just go with what Lynch is saying now, they haven’t lost faith:lolbron:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Tough to trade a guy who there is 50/50 chance he gets cut.
it never works in the nfl. once teams sense a guy might be on the bubble they dont see a reason to trade a draft pick for him unless they really like him

goodwin has world class speed and we werent even able to get a 6th rounder for him, we had to settle for moving up 20 picks in the 6th :mjlol:

Im always :dead: at people on fan boards combining our trash and trying to trade for good players/good picks in their fantasy trades :dead:

sol thomas/pettis/goodwin for mike thomas or some shyt like that :russ: