Rumors,feuds,and scandals from Old Black Hollywood

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
gfds.jpg

Such a vivrant thing....

cued up

Yoooo, never paid attention...I'll be damned

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great fukking thread OP. The stories in the first pages are fascinating look into effects of living in a completely white dominated world for the older generations. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at the level of self hate displayed by some of the most talented people on the planet.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I haven't been paying attention to this thread since I post most of my stuff in Random Thoughts but I'll share some more info.

Tina Turner was a terrible person in real life..her reputation in Memphis was that of being a high tier pimp, ho and hustler. By the time she was 17, she had already been ran through..it got worse after Ike. She got actually got caught on the set of Mad Max back in '85 fukking around with Mel Gibson, mind you this woman was in her late 40s around this time.

Jermaine Dupri created the "tomboy" image for Da Brat in the nineties mainly because he initially thought she was too damn pretty to be taken serious at that time as a rapper. Da Brat was in real life STRAIGHT as an arrow during her "Funkafied" run and was getting piledrived and tossed aside by nikkas like Montell Jordan, Puff, Tyrese, etc..she wound up getting turned out by TWO females in particular. MC Lyte and Missy Elliott. These two women are notable because they've always been known to be "p*ssy" hungry in the industry..MC Lyte is known for being involved with Mary J Blige wayyy back in the early 90s. Missy's roster is well known..

OaklandCertified

Town Business
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Tina Turner was a terrible person in real life..her reputation in Memphis was that of being a high tier pimp, ho and hustler. By the time she was 17, she had already been ran through..it got worse after Ike. She got actually got caught on the set of Mad Max back in '85 fukking around with Mel Gibson, mind you this woman was in her late 40s around this time.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I haven't been paying attention to this thread since I post most of my stuff in Random Thoughts but I'll share some more info.

Jermaine Dupri created the "tomboy" image for Da Brat in the nineties mainly because he initially thought she was too damn pretty to be taken serious at that time as a rapper. Da Brat was in real life STRAIGHT as an arrow during her "Funkafied" run and was getting piledrived and tossed aside by nikkas like Montell Jordan, Puff, Tyrese, etc..she wound up getting turned out by TWO females in particular. MC Lyte and Missy Elliott. These two women are notable because they've always been known to be "p*ssy" hungry in the industry..MC Lyte is known for being involved with Mary J Blige wayyy back in the early 90s. Missy's roster is well known..
I wonder what’s coi leray story cause I think she got that same prettiness as da brat, and coincidentally she was on the same dyke shyt

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

Jermaine Dupri created the "tomboy" image for Da Brat in the nineties mainly because he initially thought she was too damn pretty to be taken serious at that time as a rapper. Da Brat was in real life STRAIGHT as an arrow during her "Funkafied" run and was getting piledrived and tossed aside by nikkas like Montell Jordan, Puff, Tyrese, etc..she wound up getting turned out by TWO females in particular. MC Lyte and Missy Elliott. These two women are notable because they've always been known to be "p*ssy" hungry in the industry..
MC Lyte is known for being involved with Mary J Blige wayyy back in the early 90s. Missy's roster is well known..
Yeah I always heard rumors that Lyte was a big time lesbian and messed with a lot of industry women in the mid 90s.

Also with Tina Turner, I never liked the fact that the media made Tina out to be this innocent damsel in distress that was done wrong by Ike (don't get me wrong because wasn't no saint and did wrong).

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Quincy Jones had allegedly scheduled Tina Turner a meeting with a director but she reportedly flipped out on him.

According to sources, she said: "I wouldn't do a black picture if I was dying!" It took me twenty years to get out of that black shyt and I ain't going back!"

Quincy was so shocked, reportedly, he couldn't open his mouth.

Quincy said at that time, nobody wanted to do a black movie.

Tina's rejection left the cast with no known stars (this was Whoopi's breakout film).

Whoopi allegedly made the following quote: "Tina Turner turns down the Color Purple and she does Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. All the while saying she's seeking credibility as an actress, give me a break!"
:mjlol: :mjpls: