BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
He had that song back in the day You Dont Have To Take Your Clothes Off
:dame:
Don’t sleep I remember going to LA back in the mid 80s I believe it was the Sumer of 1986 or 87… I was about 10 and I was wit my moms on Hollywood Blvd or it was prob sunset blvd and I remember that song ringing off crazy… Them big hair white hoes in them mustang convertibles blasting that song lol

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
a little more on Sam Cooke

1b38a18cdd33cff3b996bdd158cd4265.jpg
The personal inventory of Cooke’s corpse included a wristwatch and a jacket with a money clip containing $108 and some loose change in the pocket. Oh, and a single shoe. Police found a bottle of Scotch and a copy of the newspaper “Muhammad Speaks” in the back seat of Sam’s cherry red Ferrari. The pile of clothes Elisa said she stashed under a stairwell were never found as was Cooke’s wallet containing a driver’s license and credit cards (no subsequent purchases were ever made with the cards). A search of Boyer’s purse showed that she had only a twenty dollar bill. Sam Cooke is believed to have retrieved $5,000 in cash from a safe deposit box earlier in the day. Al Schmitt reported that Sam was flashing about $1,000 at the bar the night before. It has never been determined where that money went.
At 6 a.m., Sam’s widow Barbara greeted the news with hysterics, trying to shield their two young children from reporters and fans who were gathering at their house. At a coroner’s inquest five days later, Elisa Boyer, Bertha Franklin, Evelyn Carr and other witnesses recounted their stories in a short hearing that barely allowed Sam’s lawyer enough time to ask one question. In just two hours, the inquest was complete. Tests showed that at the time of death, Sam had a blood alcohol level of .16 (twice the legal limit for driving). The shooting was ruled “justifiable homicide.” and the case was closed.
Sam Cooke’s L.A. funeral included three full days of viewing. His $4,000 casket was specially fitted with a glass top to allow his fans (including heavyweight boxing champion Cassius Clay, a.k.a. Muhammad Ali) one last look. Cooke’s remains were flown to Chicago for a funeral service in his hometown then returned to Hollywood for another funeral. The Staple Singers, Lou Rawls, Billy Preston and Ray Charles all presented musical tributes to Sam. Sam Cooke’s body was buried in the “Garden of Honor” in Hollywood’s Forest Lawn cemetery just a few miles away from his home. There he rests alongside some of the biggest names in the history of Hollywood: Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, Jimmy Stewart, Jean Harlow, Humphrey Bogart, Mary Pickford, Errol Flynn, Spencer Tracy, George Burns & Gracie Allen, W.C. Fields, Tom Mix, Sammy Davis Jr., Walt Disney, Red Skelton, Ted Knight, Nat King Cole, William Boyd (“Hopalong Cassidy”) plus western author Louis L’Amour and the Wizard of Oz’s L. Frank Baum.
Although he sang like one, Sam Cooke was no angel. He was always known as a womanizer. As his friend Bumps Blackwell once said, “Sam would walk past a good girl to get to a hooker.” Over the span of a five week period from March to April 1952, three young women each gave birth to a daughter fathered by Cooke. He was beset by paternity lawsuits up until his death and most were quietly settled with payoffs. Despite his gospel music roots, he epitomized the Hollywood lifestyle: Live fast, die young and leave a good-looking corpse.
As for Barbara Cooke, her husband’s infidelity was nothing new to her and likewise, she was no angel herself. Keep in mind that the couple was still dealing with the loss of their toddler son Vincent, who drowned in the pool of the family’s Hollywood home in June of the previous year — a tragedy that many said Sam still blamed her for. At the time of Sam’s tragic death, she was having an affair with a local bartender. On the day of Sam’s funeral, friends and family were aghast when her paramour showed up wearing Sam’s ring and the watch he was wearing at the time of his death.

fukkery… mans would’ve caught hands right there and then for that shyt :mjlol:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Yeah I always heard rumors that Lyte was a big time lesbian and messed with a lot of industry women in the mid 90s.

Also with Tina Turner, I never liked the fact that the media made Tina out to be this innocent damsel in distress that was done wrong by Ike (don't get me wrong because wasn't no saint and did wrong).

My uncle said Tina had a chin like Foreman and could take a right hook like a seasoned boxer back in the day. He said it was normal for her and Ike to have either an all out brawl or a very audible, aggressive fukk session backstage before a show sometimes. The '93 movie with Bassett was half fiction..a lot of shyt was omitted but Tina went caucasoid crazy after her days with Ike which was one of the reasons her solo career rocketed.

MC Lyte and Missy were goddamn gatekeepers back in the early 90s to 2000s for a lot of the female artists back then. MC Lyte is SOLELY responsible for Mary J Blige going vagina dependent after KCi.. don't let that marriage fool you, she was kicking it with the females hardcore. It's one of the reasons she didn't contest too hard (even though she complains about it still) on Kendu getting that monetary judgement at the end of the divorce cause he was threatening to put the business all the way out there. The FFM threesomes, the "girls trips" out to the Caribbean, etc.. sloppy broad, this nikka had pictures, tapes, the whole nine. She had to go ahead and white flag it.

If people really looked hard and look at the artists Missy had under her wing, questions would really be asked. What happened with Nicole Wray? Tweet? Tweet got an offer she thought she could refuse and her career hit snag after '03 then she thought she'd be better off under MC Lyte and Lyte eventually wanted the goods as well..you can't expect to play the industry game without putting your chips down she realized this and WENT BACK to Missy only to be irrelevant by that time. Nicole Wray got scared off by Missy in '01 and had her albums shelved..you don't hear shyt about her even though she apparently still does music. Should've just let Missy suck on them titties and kept it pushing.

Ɀoᥱɣ

All Star
Daps
I haven't been paying attention to this thread since I post most of my stuff in Random Thoughts but I'll share some more info.

Tina Turner was a terrible person in real life..her reputation in Memphis was that of being a high tier pimp, ho and hustler. By the time she was 17, she had already been ran through..it got worse after Ike. She got actually got caught on the set of Mad Max back in '85 fukking around with Mel Gibson, mind you this woman was in her late 40s around this time.

Jermaine Dupri created the "tomboy" image for Da Brat in the nineties mainly because he initially thought she was too damn pretty to be taken serious at that time as a rapper. Da Brat was in real life STRAIGHT as an arrow during her "Funkafied" run and was getting piledrived and tossed aside by nikkas like Montell Jordan, Puff, Tyrese, etc..she wound up getting turned out by TWO females in particular. MC Lyte and Missy Elliott. These two women are notable because they've always been known to be "p*ssy" hungry in the industry..MC Lyte is known for being involved with Mary J Blige wayyy back in the early 90s. Missy's roster is well known..
To the bolded please tell if you can, in code names if possible:feedme:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
My uncle said Tina had a chin like Foreman and could take a right hook like a seasoned boxer back in the day. He said it was normal for her and Ike to have either an all out brawl or a very audible, aggressive fukk session backstage before a show sometimes. The '93 movie with Bassett was half fiction..a lot of shyt was omitted but Tina went caucasoid crazy after her days with Ike which was one of the reasons her solo career rocketed.

MC Lyte and Missy were goddamn gatekeepers back in the early 90s to 2000s for a lot of the female artists back then. MC Lyte is SOLELY responsible for Mary J Blige going vagina dependent after KCi.. don't let that marriage fool you, she was kicking it with the females hardcore. It's one of the reasons she didn't contest too hard (even though she complains about it still) on Kendu getting that monetary judgement at the end of the divorce cause he was threatening to put the business all the way out there. The FFM threesomes, the "girls trips" out to the Caribbean, etc.. sloppy broad, this nikka had pictures, tapes, the whole nine. She had to go ahead and white flag it.

If people really looked hard and look at the artists Missy had under her wing, questions would really be asked. What happened with Nicole Wray? Tweet? Tweet got an offer she thought she could refuse and her career hit snag after '03 then she thought she'd be better off under MC Lyte and Lyte eventually wanted the goods as well..you can't expect to play the industry game without putting your chips down she realized this and WENT BACK to Missy only to be irrelevant by that time. Nicole Wray got scared off by Missy in '01 and had her albums shelved..you don't hear shyt about her even though she apparently still does music. Should've just let Missy suck on them titties and kept it pushing.

Tweet I miss that chic for real :mjcry:

Daps
Well fukkin damn. That nikka was hittin Debbi Morgan and Angela Bassett!!! :damn:

giphy.gif

And Yale Drama School Black Alums ...hell alums period...are a who's who of :damn:
When Charles "Roc" Dutton was out chasing trim in them 80s streets...taking to the females:

624a75da-ec66-4c48-b479-c0c93bce9b45_text.gif