Rumor Xbox Series X could play games from the Steam and Epic Store

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never claimed that...

Just saying the services are different
but Gamepass isn't the only option on Xbox. You gotta realize not everyone is actually using gamepass and not buying actual games. Having one store available that sells the same games than the competitor with ways to get digital keys elsewhere is problematic.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All in all I think it would be smart move for Microsoft. They could finally tap into a budget PC that could be in the home. I know people are going to say steam box tried this but Microsoft has established a name with the Xbox. They've blurred the lines with PC already might as well have there consoles have that element as well to. Having steam on there would definately solve there issue with japanese games.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As much as MSFT puts out this kumbaya my lord image in terms of gaming, I do not believe for one second they'd voluntarily allow an entire store(s) to be accessible on their one device that's catered to gamers. With PC it's already there so they simply try and entice you into getting gamepass over the steam version but with allowing Steam on Xbox it'd be shot in the foot because they'd just be letting people get games through other store fronts. There's gotta be some sort of catch if true.

There's literally thousands of games that are on Steam that aren't on Xbox on top of cheaper prices and other options for buying games. Humble bundle, Epic store etc.
I don't see why they'd allow that as people would just buy any game that's cheaper on Steam than through the Xbox store. Epic games store literally gives out free games.
Microsoft is focused on Gamepass for games. I could see them allowing Windows on the Xbox on a separate boot.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just need them not to make the mistake they made this gen...give us everything out the gate and not after sony starts kicking your ass in sales...both consoles got off to a dismal start this gen as far as features...hopefully they both give us their best out the gate this time

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Why are you comparing steam to gamepass tho? Im an xbox gamer right, so what do i think? I think similar to revy here, why should i give a fukk? Are console gamers going "man i wish i had steam games"

The games that are on steam don't exist to console gamers, the ones that make it are just ok. Name the must have pc exclusive that console gamers are upset about not having, I'll wait :popcorn:

As for prices, you don't own an xbox and you're oblivious to xbox pricing. Games are dirt cheap on xbox all the time, places like cdkeys.com have codes for console and PC so nothing new there either. Epic gives out free games you say? And Microsoft doesn't? At one point you have to stop acting like there's a lack of games, there's too many games. Is your backlog over 100 titles? Then you're already good and more good won't do anything but add to our collective backlogs.

I paid $1 and got gamepass ultimate until 2022 :usure:
I can reup for the low, who is sitting here going i want steam games? Only PC gamers think this :stop:
Pc gamers prefer keyboards, mice, and don't seem to care that aimbots, God mode hacks/etc is EXTREMELY COMMON IN EVERY MAJOR TITLE RELEASED ON PC. Pc doesn't do sports games well as in they not popular, so are other genres that thrive on consoles. Developers make games thinking and hoping console, who is the PC centric dev that matters, blizzard? You think blizzard games is what's popping on console?

So why buy a PC when they can buy a console that can play PC as well? You're blind hatred has you sounding illogical here buddy boy.

You do realize nobody reads that nonsense you type out right ?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The thing is Steam sells thousands of other games. They'd be losing money on games that they could've sold through the Xbox store itself being sold on Steam. Imagine if this was true and someone wants to buy RE3 remake for example. If it's $60 on the Xbox store, someone could just switch to Win10 mode, buy it on Steam for a cheaper price or even just getting a cheap key from CDkeys or wherever else and basically get the game without actually having paid MSFT a dime. Not that this is supposed to matter to the player but I'm just saying.

Another thing though is if true I don't want to hear Xbots talking about "why you bringing up PC for!?"
Too bad M$ is rich as fukk and doesn't need Xbox to be its main money maker.

Face the facts. Between the upcoming xbox machine and the new Nintendo switch, there is no reason to cop a PS5.

No one gives a fukk about Sony exclusives, including Sony

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I honestly am taking this with a SERIOUS grain of salt. We need to learn to stop being so gullible and jumping to conclusions over some of these rumors.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Face the facts. Between the upcoming xbox machine and the new Nintendo switch, there is no reason to cop a PS5.

This last generation beat down really did a number to you Xbox dudes

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

I mean this is just patently false. Lol. Also. Let’s try to see what actually happens instead of shooting ourselves in the foot over a pretty far fetched rumor.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
All in all I think it would be smart move for Microsoft. They could finally tap into a budget PC that could be in the home. I know people are going to say steam box tried this but Microsoft has established a name with the Xbox. They've blurred the lines with PC already might as well have there consoles have that element as well to. Having steam on there would definately solve there issue with japanese games.
It would be a completely horrible idea from a business standpoint. U nikkas buggin tf out. Lmao. It would literally be pointless for them to sell games on the Microsoft Store. And that’s outside of Gamepass. This would literally make the MS Store obsolete.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
OK, we get it... It's a PC.

Brehs gonna be putting together Power Point presentation on it and shyt too...

Checking email and shyt...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft is focused on Gamepass for games. I could see them allowing Windows on the Xbox on a separate boot.
So Microsoft doesn't care about the games they sell on their own Xbox store? If they actually a allow this win 10 mode the most I can see happening is allowing a locked down S mode to prevent people from downloading and installing non MS store apps.

Last edited: