Rumor Xbox Series X could play games from the Steam and Epic Store

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Why would Microsoft willingly kill gamepass and even their own store? People will buy the console and play nothing but steam games

Exactly. Goes against their philosophy and what they're trying to build with their ecosystem.

Best case scenario is that their games will continue launching on consoles, WinStore and Steam with cross buy/save between consoles/WinStore and cross play between all three.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i just wanted the ability to stream steam games to the xbox like a shield tv

but this is interesting :gladbron:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Didn't they already debunk this and say XSEX doesn't have a windows mode ?

And even then...why not just buy a pc ...what games are on pc thats worth fiending over like that ?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As much as MSFT puts out this kumbaya my lord image in terms of gaming, I do not believe for one second they'd voluntarily allow an entire store(s) to be accessible on their one device that's catered to gamers. With PC it's already there so they simply try and entice you into getting gamepass over the steam version but with allowing Steam on Xbox it'd be shot in the foot because they'd just be letting people get games through other store fronts. There's gotta be some sort of catch if true.

There's literally thousands of games that are on Steam that aren't on Xbox on top of cheaper prices and other options for buying games. Humble bundle, Epic store etc.
I don't see why they'd allow that as people would just buy any game that's cheaper on Steam than through the Xbox store. Epic games store literally gives out free games.
Why are you comparing steam to gamepass tho? Im an xbox gamer right, so what do i think? I think similar to revy here, why should i give a fukk? Are console gamers going "man i wish i had steam games"

The games that are on steam don't exist to console gamers, the ones that make it are just ok. Name the must have pc exclusive that console gamers are upset about not having, I'll wait :popcorn:

As for prices, you don't own an xbox and you're oblivious to xbox pricing. Games are dirt cheap on xbox all the time, places like cdkeys.com have codes for console and PC so nothing new there either. Epic gives out free games you say? And Microsoft doesn't? At one point you have to stop acting like there's a lack of games, there's too many games. Is your backlog over 100 titles? Then you're already good and more good won't do anything but add to our collective backlogs.
Why would Microsoft willingly kill gamepass and even their own store? People will buy the console and play nothing but steam games
I paid $1 and got gamepass ultimate until 2022 :usure:
I can reup for the low, who is sitting here going i want steam games? Only PC gamers think this :stop:
Pc gamers prefer keyboards, mice, and don't seem to care that aimbots, God mode hacks/etc is EXTREMELY COMMON IN EVERY MAJOR TITLE RELEASED ON PC. Pc doesn't do sports games well as in they not popular, so are other genres that thrive on consoles. Developers make games thinking and hoping console, who is the PC centric dev that matters, blizzard? You think blizzard games is what's popping on console?
Didn't they already debunk this and say XSEX doesn't have a windows mode ?

And even then...why not just buy a pc ...what games are on pc thats worth fiending over like that ?
So why buy a PC when they can buy a console that can play PC as well? You're blind hatred has you sounding illogical here buddy boy.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:60% of Sony's library is on steam, XBOX wins the console war if this is true.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamepass and steam are totally different.

Gamepass is like Netflix or hulu/Disney+

Steam is like Amazon

I could pay 9 bucks a month and get a bunch of games.

Or I could purchase games from the steam store.

Not really seeing how that's a conflict of interest.

Especially since you can't get the 1st party Xbox games on steam

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamepass and steam are totally different.

Gamepass is like Netflix or hulu/Disney+

Steam is like Amazon

I could pay 9 bucks a month and get a bunch of games.

Or I could purchase games from the steam store.

Not really seeing how that's a conflict of interest.

Especially since you can't get the 1st party Xbox games on steam
Is Cyberpunk 2077 going to be on Gamepass? RE3 Remake?
KH3? Gamepass won't have every single new game coming out nor does it have every game that's currently out on there.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is Cyberpunk 2077 going to be on Gamepass? RE3 Remake?
KH3? Gamepass won't have every single new game coming out nor does it have every game that's currently out on there.
Never claimed that...

Just saying the services are different