Rumor Xbox Series X could play games from the Steam and Epic Store

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
From article:

"According to a new report from alleged insiders in the Xbox community, the Xbox Series X may support Steam and the Epic Games Store. The rumour currently doing the rounds essentially suggests that thew new console will have a "Windows Mode" that allows players to switch the machine's operating system to Windows 10."
"From there, you could simply access your Steam and Epic Games Store libraries. I probably don't need to tell you that this would basically unlock an entirely new - and massive - library of games that you otherwise wouldn't have had on Xbox. This is, as I say, simply a rumour at this stage though. Do take it with the usual pinch of salt required for such things."

If this is true....
Contrarians and pessimists - "it's basically a PC :damn:"

MS - " we know :youngsabo:"

All in on this if true

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As much as MSFT puts out this kumbaya my lord image in terms of gaming, I do not believe for one second they'd voluntarily allow an entire store(s) to be accessible on their one device that's catered to gamers. With PC it's already there so they simply try and entice you into getting gamepass over the steam version but with allowing Steam on Xbox it'd be shot in the foot because they'd just be letting people get games through other store fronts. There's gotta be some sort of catch if true.

I don’t need my console to be a computer. :yeshrug:
Can’t think of any computer games I’d rather play over a console game either. :yeshrug:
cool feature for those that care about it I guess.:yeshrug:
There's literally thousands of games that are on Steam that aren't on Xbox on top of cheaper prices and other options for buying games. Humble bundle, Epic store etc.
I don't see why they'd allow that as people would just buy any game that's cheaper on Steam than through the Xbox store. Epic games store literally gives out free games.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as MSFT puts out this kumbaya my lord image in terms of gaming, I do not believe for one second they'd voluntarily allow an entire store(s) to be accessible on their one device that's catered to gamers. With PC it's already there so they simply try and entice you into getting gamepass over the steam version but with allowing Steam on Xbox it'd be shot in the foot because they'd just be letting people get games through other store fronts. There's gotta be some sort of catch if true.

There's literally thousands of games that are on Steam that aren't on Xbox on top of cheaper prices and other options for buying games. Humble bundle, Epic store etc.
I don't see why they'd allow that as people would just buy any game that's cheaper on Steam than through the Xbox store.

They can still sell there exclusives on Steam like they do now. Also steam doesn't have an option like game pass and it seems like xbox is really pushing this service more than anything. So I don't see why adding a steam store would be a big deal anyway.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They can still sell there exclusives on Steam like they do now. Also steam doesn't have an option like game pass and it seems like xbox is really pushing this service more than anything. So I don't see why adding a steam store would be a big deal anyway.
The thing is Steam sells thousands of other games. They'd be losing money on games that they could've sold through the Xbox store itself being sold on Steam. Imagine if this was true and someone wants to buy RE3 remake for example. If it's $60 on the Xbox store, someone could just switch to Win10 mode, buy it on Steam for a cheaper price or even just getting a cheap key from CDkeys or wherever else and basically get the game without actually having paid MSFT a dime. Not that this is supposed to matter to the player but I'm just saying.

Another thing though is if true I don't want to hear Xbots talking about "why you bringing up PC for!?"

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
That's a great idea, the steam sales alone would make it worth buying this Xbox.

I was using the PS4 this past weekend, saying how much I miss the Xbox 360's interface. It was really the GOAT interface for communicating with players. Playstation is trash in that regards.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don’t need my console to be a computer. :yeshrug:
Can’t think of any computer games I’d rather play over a console game either. :yeshrug:
cool feature for those that care about it I guess.:yeshrug:
I was waiting a long ass time to play games made by 11bit.

They made This War of Mine.

They released Frostpunk on PC long before console.

XCOM would have also been one of those games had I not gotten into it late.

Insurgency, released in 2014, has been on my wishlist for console release since it gained attention.

Being a Rainbow Six Siege fan, and uninterested in PC building management (don't waste time pitching building a PC to me), I have been crossing my fingers that there will be a console release of READY OR NOT being on the same day or close to the release of PC release.

Now, have I been eating well in my console, absolutely; but that's irrelevant.

Much like with my respect for PS4, there are many games on there that would be cool to be on Xbox. If the option to play those on my Xbox send possible, that's a W