Rumor: NBA Expansion?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
On one hand adding teams is always fun and exciting but on the other hand I don't think we need further dilution of talent on teams when the Magic, Hornets, Kings, Thunder, Pistons, Raptors, Rockets, Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, and Spurs exist. I ain't bullshyttin, go look at those rosters right now and tell me we need more teams because of all the talent already in the league.

It doesn't make sense to add teams just for the hell of it. if the argument is that the league used to have 6 and grew to 29 in 30 years, then we need to realize that obviously the league needed more than 6 teams, but to continue to add 29 teams every 30 years would be nonsensical.

Those teams are talented they just are too young and inexperienced.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
On one hand adding teams is always fun and exciting but on the other hand I don't think we need further dilution of talent on teams when the Magic, Hornets, Kings, Thunder, Pistons, Raptors, Rockets, Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, and Spurs exist. I ain't bullshyttin, go look at those rosters right now and tell me we need more teams because of all the talent already in the league.

It doesn't make sense to add teams just for the hell of it. if the argument is that the league used to have 6 and grew to 29 in 30 years, then we need to realize that obviously the league needed more than 6 teams, but to continue to add 29 teams every 30 years would be nonsensical.

Every state should have a team and then make a relegation system :mjgrin:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Sounds good to me. We need the Sonics back and LV is the hottest new sports market right now.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Those teams are talented they just are too young and inexperienced.
Ok so what's your point, are nikkas about to start getting drafted in their primes or something :childplease: you're always gonna have those young teams that ain't making real noise, adding an expansion team will do nothing to solve that problem, only make it worse.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

:dahell:
Please don't lump the raptors with those other teams nukka

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Why are the Raptors being grouped with those teams :dahell:

And there’s always gonna be bad teams that are less talented than the rest, no way around it. Even if we went to 16 teams the talent would not be distributed equally

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Expansion draft gotta be capped at 10, they basically ruined the east last time.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:
Please don't lump the raptors with those other teams nukka
Ain't you the bozo mod that made a ban bet then refused to honor it like the little man you are?Reinscarf or some shyt like that. Coli never forgets, your name is dirt :ufdup::pacspit:

Why are the Raptors being grouped with those teams :dahell:

And there’s always gonna be bad teams that are less talented than the rest, no way around it. Even if we went to 16 teams the talent would not be distributed equally
You nikkas really hype over a OG, Scottie, Pascal big 3 :dead::dead::dead: knock it off.

What you're implying is that since the problem is inescapable we should not avoid making it worse by adding team(s). Basically like "talent ain't gonna be distributed equally anyway, so might as well dilute it further fukk it :manny:" kinda shyt is that

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ain't you the bozo mod that made a ban bet then refused to honor it like the little man you are?Reinscarf or some shyt like that. Coli never forgets, your name is dirt :ufdup::pacspit:

You nikkas really hype over a OG, Scottie, Pascal big 3 :dead::dead::dead: knock it off.

What you're implying is that since the problem is inescapable we should not avoid making it worse by adding team(s). Basically like "talent ain't gonna be distributed equally anyway, so might as well dilute it further fukk it :manny:" kinda shyt is that

It ain’t about hyping up a Big 3, you’re grouping a team that won 48 games last year with a bunch of tanking/rebuilding teams

I don’t think there’s gonna be this significant dilution. It ain’t like this is the 80s and 90s when they added like 8 teams in a 10 year span

BBG

Superstar
Daps
It ain’t about hyping up a Big 3, you’re grouping a team that won 48 games last year with a bunch of tanking/rebuilding teams

I don’t think there’s gonna be this significant dilution. It ain’t like this is the 80s and 90s when they added like 8 teams in a 10 year span
You've said nothing to refute my point.

"yeah there's a problem. expansion will surely make the existing problem worse, but it won't make it THAT much worse so :manny: "kinda shyt is that? From a fan's perspective, what is there to gain from adding a team that makes up for the obvious issue? I just want somebody to make it make sense is all.

Last edited:

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
minnesota and memphis
Shouldn’t New Orleans be headed East first? But I think all of them belong in the East.

8 divisions of 4 like the NFL.

This works for the NFL because they have 2 different conferences that each have the same divisions (North/South/East/West)

This is harder for the NBA because there’s an Eastern and Western Conference and divisions are purely geographic. The teams aren’t evenly distributed geographically which is how you end with shyt like OKC and Minnesota in the Northwest, and Memphis and New Orleans in the Western Conference.

The NBA should do what MLB did in the ‘80s and ‘90s and have some divisions with an uneven amount of teams.