Rumor: NBA Expansion?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah I’ve never heard of him before so I’m taking it being announced in the preseason with a grain of salt. But expansion teams coming to Seattle & Vegas is a matter of when, not if at this point

Simmons was reporting on it months ago.

So Seattle gonna be the Supersonics i would guess but what Vegas gonna be called :jbhmm:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Man if minny, memphis, or new Orleans move east, thats tough AF. The east is already more stacked than its ever been and the west will be even more watered down with expansion teams. Its crazy how its switching around now.
I guess it depends how the expansion draft goes. It’s not like they’ll only be drafting out the west. If the East has better talent, it would lead us to believe their teams are more likely to be depleted.

2legit

Superstar
Daps
About time the NBA expanded.

1966: 9 NBA teams
1996: 29 NBA teams

The NBA expanded by 20 teams in 30 years.

1996: 29 NBA teams
2023: 30 NBA teams

In 27 years, the NBA has added just 1 team. That's with the massive growth in international talent adding to the talent pool. The NBA is more talented and loaded today than ever before.

collateral.

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, Memphis is much closer to New Orleans, the Texas teams and OKC than Minnesota is to any West team

Minnesota & Portland travel the most every year but Portland can’t be moved East for obvious reasons. Plus adding Seattle and Vegas should help them too, especially Seattle

2022-NBA-Map-1024x524.jpg

To a much lesser extent but Minnesota has to travel greater distances. Denver is the closest division opponent and then you have Portland, and Salt Lake City. Both of which are over 1000 miles from Minneapolis.

Just saw that OKC is actually under 1000 miles from Minneapolis.
:ehh:

You gotta put in perspective how big a lot of those states west of the Mississippi are. I guess it makes the most sense for Minny to go east

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
:ehh:

You gotta put in perspective how big a lot of those states west of the Mississippi are. I guess it makes the most sense for Minny to go east
I'm from Seattle and I've done a lot of cross country travel. When you gotta drive E-W thru states like Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Nebraska, etc. you realize how big they are compared to most of the states on the East Coast. You can drive from NYC to the Carolinas in the same amount time it takes you to drive from Spokane, WA thru Montana and you still would be in Montana probably. The mountains in NW Montana slow you down a lot.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
On one hand adding teams is always fun and exciting but on the other hand I don't think we need further dilution of talent on teams when the Magic, Hornets, Kings, Thunder, Pistons, Raptors, Rockets, Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, and Spurs exist. I ain't bullshyttin, go look at those rosters right now and tell me we need more teams because of all the talent already in the league.

It doesn't make sense to add teams just for the hell of it. if the argument is that the league used to have 6 and grew to 29 in 30 years, then we need to realize that obviously the league needed more than 6 teams, but to continue to add 29 teams every 30 years would be nonsensical.