Rumor/Leak-PS5 specs more powerful than Xbox S X? Update-Fatboi1 lost

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Uh... PS4?
This is a hard one for a couple of reasons

1. Xbox one x is indeed the most powerful console that can be bought today. Base PS4 is more powerful than base Xbox One though.

2. Nintendo Switch seems to be selling faster. Who knows how the lifetime sales will be.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a hard one for a couple of reasons

1. Xbox one x is indeed the most powerful console that can be bought today. Base PS4 is more powerful than base Xbox One though.

2. Nintendo Switch seems to be selling faster. Who knows how the lifetime sales will be.
PS4 is a current gen console and has sold the most. Xbox one X being a mid-gen refresh doesn't change that fact.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fun fact:

The most powerful console has never won a console war overall in ANY generation
Pretty sure the SNES was more powerful than the Genesis. Outside of that the best selling consoles are all from Sony who typically puts out weaker consoles and Nintendo who doesn't really care about console power at all.

PS4 is a current gen console and has sold the most. Xbox one X being a mid-gen refresh doesn't change that fact.
The Xbox One X is still the most powerful current generation console.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Pretty sure the SNES was more powerful than the Genesis. Outside of that the best selling consoles are all from Sony who typically puts out weaker consoles and Nintendo who doesn't really care about console power at all.

The Xbox One X is still the most powerful current generation console.
Sega Genesis could produce 3d polygons on stock hardware superior to what SNES could do with the SFX chip. Genesis had a faster cpu. SNES could display more colors and had a better sound chip.

But Genesis and SNES were just the big 2 (in the United States. In Japan the PC Engine vastly outsold the Megadrive)

The most powerful console of that generation is the SNK Neo Geo.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It came out 4 years into the gen as a refresh though.
I mean you say this as if to say it shouldn't count? It exist and is the most powerful current generation console. It's just a different model of the Xbox One.
Sega Genesis could produce 3d polygons on stock hardware superior to what SNES could do with the SFX chip. Genesis had a faster cpu. SNES could display more colors and had a better sound chip.

But Genesis and SNES were just the big 2 (in the United States. In Japan the PC Engine vastly outsold the Megadrive)

The most powerful console of that generation is the SNK Neo Geo.
I forgot about the Neo Geo.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean you say this as if to say it shouldn't count? It exist and is the most powerful current generation console. It's just a different model of the Xbox One.

I forgot about the Neo Geo.
It matters I was just talking about most sold console from the start of the gen(2013).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It matters I was just talking about most sold console from the start of the gen(2013).
That doesn't change the fact that the PS4 isn't the most powerful console released in this generation. Some current generation hardware has to be ignored to even make that argument.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That doesn't change the fact that the PS4 isn't the most powerful console released in this generation. Some current generation hardware has to be ignored to even make that argument.
Oh word? I had NO IDEA breh:stopitslime:

You have to ignore the release date to make that argument too but it's really arbitrary at this point to discuss.

Last edited: