RUMOR: Details on PlayStation Gamepass have leaked.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm still waiting for where I said that would be the only option available to all. I never said that. Further more I saw that compared to purchasing a $9.99 month card. There's a huge difference between buying a single use card and subscribing to a monthly service. Furthermore almost nobody increases the price of a monthly sub to a service by double just to go month to month.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm still waiting for where I said that would be the only option available to all. I never said that. Further more I saw that compared to purchasing a $9.99 month card. There's a huge difference between buying a single use card and subscribing to a monthly service. Furthermore almost nobody increases the price of a monthly sub to a service by double just to go month to month.

Microsoft literally did it last year

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I said it's doubling the price of PS+. Right now that's $60 a year. 5 times 12 is 60. If we're going to $10 a month for essentials being said to be what PS+ is right now then we've doubled in price.

You can reread your own words again.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can reread your own words again.
Show me where I said Sony would make the only way to get the Playstation Plus level we have now that $10 subscription and take away the avenues available now. You can because I never said that. You made an assumption and attributed it to me. I never made a comment about the availability of the current cards people buy because the article never commented on that.

All I said was in comparison to what people are paying now that's double.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Show me where I said Sony would make the only way to get the Playstation Plus level we have now that $10 subscription and take away the avenues available now. You can because I never said that. You made an assumption and attributed it to me. I never made a comment about the availability of the current cards people buy because the article never commented on that.

All I said was in comparison to what people are paying now that's double.
No it's not

Plus is currently $10 a month, $60 for a year. You claimed that the price is doubling because you divided a years subscription into $5 increments and compared it to the monthly cost of the new sub model.

The highest tier is $16 monthly, essentials are still $10 a month. Explain how the price is double the original plan.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No it's not

Plus is currently $10 a month, $60 for a year. You claimed that the price is doubling because you divided a years subscription into $5 increments and compared it to the monthly cost of the new sub model.

The highest tier is $16 monthly, essentials are still $10 a month. Explain how the price is double the original plan.
Just looked on the web site and you're right. I had no idea they sold PS+ on a recurring subscription at 1 month increments for $10. All I've ever seen advertised is individual cards or the $60 sub. Who the hell is paying a 50% mark up on the subscription to have a month to month sub?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
16 dollars?? :dahell: What's the logic behind that?
It's tiered... Nobody read the damn article... Here's the real cliff notes

$10 - PS plus

$13 - Above plus PS NOW

$16 - Above plus game trials

Speaking on his premium Giantbomb show Grubbsnax (paywalled, transcribed by VGC), VentureBeat’s Jeff Grubb claimed to have obtained new information on Sony‘s yet-to-be-announced subscription service.

According to the journalist, Spartacus will be comprised of three tiers priced at up to $16 a month.

“Right now they are called ‘essential’, ‘extra’ and ‘premium’,” Grubb claimed. “The pricing, again could be a placeholder, but the pricing is $10 a month for essential, $13 a month for extra and $16 a month for premium.”

“For premium, $16 a month… do you get full games? Not really, kinda… it’s like EA Play. You get full game trials. I don’t know if that’s for every single game that comes out, but it seems like that.” Grubb said. While PlayStation has offered game trials in the past for certain titles, Grubb implies that all PlayStation first-party titles could offer these trials are part of the premium tier.

Grubb continued: “You also get classic games and streaming, none of the other tiers will have cloud streaming, you also get classic games.

He then expanded: “I don’t know what classic games means, but I do know that it’s a major part of this premium tier. So you have game trials, classic games and streaming on this premium tier”.

For the extra tier, you get a ‘downloadable game catalogue’ anything on PSNow that was downloadable, seems like it would be in here” which Grubb has heard includes over “250, 300 games, something like that. You don’t get cloud streaming, but you do get 300 games you can download”.

“Essential is PS Plus with the monthly games, just like you know it today.” Grubb explained. The current PlayStation Plus offering includes cloud saving, monthly free games and discounts. PlayStation players also need a PlayStation Plus in order to play games online. This doesn’t apply to free-to-play titles.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just looked on the web site and you're right. I had no idea they sold PS+ on a recurring subscription at 1 month increments for $10. All I've ever seen advertised is individual cards or the $60 sub. Who the hell is paying a 50% mark up on the subscription to have a month to month sub?

Broke folks. This sort of option isn't foreign at all in most subscription business and trust, cheap/broke folks take it all the time, just cuz they claim to not be able to afford the, at times 1/3rd of the price annual price upfront over the "minimal" monthly fee option, even when they're outright persuaded to saving a lot of money going annual.