RUMOR: Details on PlayStation Gamepass have leaked.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it's doubling the price of PS+. Right now that's $60 a year. 5 times 12 is 60. If we're going to $10 a month for essentials being said to be what PS+ is right now then we've doubled in price.

So you are assuming the annual price will be times 12 when Playstation doesn't do that for either PS+ or PS Now?? :russ:

You're just trolling breh.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So you are assuming the annual price will be times 12 when Playstation doesn't do that for either PS+ or PS Now?? :russ:

You're just trolling breh.
That article describes essentials as what Playstation Plus is right now and said it's $10 a month.

How is that me trolling? I simply said if that's the route they're going that's effectively doubling the price from a math standpoint. Who is interested in paying $10 a month for what's $60 a year now?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That article describes essentials as what Playstation Plus is right now and said it's $10 a month.

How is that me trolling? I simply said if that's the route they're going that's effectively doubling the price from a math standpoint. Who is interested in paying $10 a month for what's $60 a year now?
You're trolling because you assume they wont have any discount for buying a years subscription.

By your logic ps plus should cost about $120 a year since each month is $9.99.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're trolling because you assume they wont have any discount for buying a years subscription.

By your logic ps plus should cost about $120 a year since each month is $9.99.
Did I say they wouldn't? Please show me where I said that. I'll wait.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The price isn’t changing, its 10 dollars a month now if you buy it per month

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why the hell would Sony put their AAA franchises on this shyt day 1 with the amount of money they make off them. :mjlol:

If it gets to the point where it makes sense one day, I'm sure they'll do it. But right now? :rudy:

MS is doing it to make GP the Netflix of gaming AND because their current model still hasn't put them in Nintendo/Sony territory. Problem is in the console realm, their competition doesn't need to do that (put their moneymakers on a sub service day 1).

IF the price is still reasonable AND you get access to the old shyt, then that's a win. Wouldn't even mind the trial of new shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why the hell would Sony put their AAA franchises on this shyt day 1 with the amount of money they make off them. :mjlol:

If it gets to the point where it makes sense one day, I'm sure they'll do it. But right now? :rudy:

MS is doing it to make GP the Netflix of gaming AND because their current model still hasn't put them in Nintendo/Sony territory. Problem is in the console realm, their competition doesn't need to do that (put their moneymakers on a sub service day 1).

IF the price is still reasonable AND you get access to the old shyt, then that's a win. Wouldn't even mind the trial of new shyt.

At worst the higher tiers aren’t that attractive, and nothing changes from what is right now. Those of us with Plus keep our plans and continue getting the same shyt we always have.

If sony feels like the service isn’t attracting new subscribers they continue to improve it over time until it makes sense. Either way, i dont see how this affects anyone enough to be mad about it unless you really gassed yourself into thinking day 1 games will ever come to the service.

Theres really not much they can do that will make me change my plan from what it is now. I don’t really have time to go back and revisit a bunch of old games, especially RPG’s with all the new stuff that comes out monthly already. I don’t care about cloud streaming, I don’t care about trials, etc.

Only thing that would make be go up a tier is if they actively gave discounts for new games like amazon/bestbuy used to do

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Theres really not much they can do that will make me change my plan from what it is now. I don’t really have time to go back and revisit a bunch of old games, especially RPG’s with all the new stuff that comes out monthly already. I don’t care about cloud streaming, I don’t care about trials, etc.

This.

Again, MS didn't have shyt so they had to do something since Phil didn't do shyt for years even though he claims he was (they really ignore this). It was the same rotation of Gears/Halo/Forza. At least he NOW finally got his lies to come to fruition.

Only thing that would make be go up a tier is if they actively gave discounts for new games like amazon/bestbuy used to do

not a bad idea.

The pricing of course will be key. I can let my sons eat off playing the old shyt, but yeah there's too much new piff to go back and play old shyt I don't own. If the old shyt was a good game, chances are I already have it anyway.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Classic games will reportedly be ‘a major part’ of PlayStation’s Game Pass rival | VGC

“For premium, $16 a month… do you get full games? Not really, kinda… it’s like EA Play. You get full game trials. I don’t know if that’s for every single game that comes out, but it seems like that.”
Why do they keep calling it a Gamepass when it isn’t? It won’t have day one Sony games on there. This has been said a million times yet people keep calling it a Gamepass version when it isnt

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This seems like a case of a leak to gauge reaction.

But truth be told, if this shyt comes with access to the downloadable portion of PS Now, I could be talked into it. Moreso if it gets me discounts on the first party games I'm interested in.