"Rotten Tomatoes is ruining the film industry..."

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reviews don't mean shyt to me anymore, since most are written by corny nerds with bad taste in everything.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Worshipping rotten tomatoes and metacritic is for plebs.

It's fine to use as a tool I suppose,a loose guideline,but anybody using it as some definitive proof of a films quality one way or the other is a moron. It's 150 random people with an opinion.

Plenty of films that have high scores and were absolute garbage,and plenty of films that have low scores that were great.

Further more every bodies own taste will always fall out of the mass thought from time to time.

How many great films throughout history were trashed by critics upon release only to see that time,and audience word of mouth completely changed its place in history.

A movie getting very high scores may raise my eyebrow and I may be more inclined to watch a film I had no interest in,but a film I'm interested in getting low scores will never sway me.

As far as ruining the industry,I wouldn't go that far. Fact is a lot of people don't actually give a shyt about RT in the real world. And when you have films like transformers making billions well how much real power does it have?

As long as a film pleases it's core audience it really doesn't matter what the tomatoe or metacritic score is because people will seek out what they enjoy.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
brehs will read a review of a videogame, a movie, but will stiff wife that thot with a fat azz on some past is the past

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
everybody is a critic on the internet

the film business is dying because they are out of ideas, and only minorities can bring fresh perspective to film making, which is why Get Out was well received because it was original

Blockbusters are a dying bred, these comic book movies are all the same, nerds are keeping that shyt alive because they will pay money regardless of how stupid the movies are

you have an entire marvel cinematic universe with no stand out villain

basic shyt like a proper antagonist has been forgotten

Beauty & The Beast is closing in on 900+ million and counting.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
There's a lot of movies that have got fantastic ratings on RT and when I saw them, I did not care much for them. There's a lot of movies that have got mixed to negative ratings on RT and when I saw them, I found them to be enjoyable or solid. I really dislike how a movie RT score (as well as box office results) is often brought up to argue its merits as a good film or not. See the film for yourself, if you are interested in it, and make up your own mind.

Last edited: