"Rotten Tomatoes is ruining the film industry..."

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But they're much more likely to be actual film buffs and that counts a lot. Except when it's something that they culturally wouldn't understand. Like, would you not want to see what the more respected posters on the coli say about an album verses a random 13 from the suburbs?

bruh as an example there are blogs that are catered to like women's health and shyt and they are reviewing superhero and horror movies. I very much doubt they know anything about the topic going into it. You can still review a movie without knowing the source material but I prefer to read reviews from people who do have that knowledge.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
bruh as an example there are blogs that are catered to like women's health and shyt and they are reviewing superhero and horror movies. I very much doubt they know anything about the topic going into it. You can still review a movie without knowing the source material but I prefer to read reviews from people who do have that knowledge.

That's a slippery slope tho breh. When I wrote for uproxx's hip hop section someone using that logic would assume I shouldn't be reviewing the latest Paul Thomas Anderson movie but they'd be wrong. Just because you write for women's health or hip hop in my case doesn't mean you don't have other interests

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's a slippery slope tho breh. When I wrote for uproxx's hip hop section someone using that logic would assume I shouldn't be reviewing the latest Paul Thomas Anderson movie but they'd be wrong. Just because you write for women's health or hip hop in my case doesn't mean you don't have other interests

But you can tell when you are reading a review usually, whether they delve into the little details or whether they are using broad strokes. Most of these blog sites are painting with broad strokes and that's not for me. If someone thinks something was boring or sucked or is a masterpiece I want to know exactly why.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But you can tell when you are reading a review usually, whether they delve into the little details or whether they are using broad strokes. Most of these blog sites are painting with broad strokes and that's not for me. If someone thinks something was boring or sucked or is a masterpiece I want to know exactly why.

Breh on the real that's what criticism is these days for real. Like that's just not them doing that. That's the point ratner was making really. Everyone is trying to figure out how to get their shyt out in this new age of media and with social media taking control and videos etc it seems like most people don't give a shyt about reading a lot. You want in depth and I do and I know others do but we're a dying breed.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
this is somewhat true as tons of trashed on movies still print money, but it does hold some sway. A lot of bluray covers have the RT fresh logo these days
Yeah it's a marketing tool most definitely. And it has some sway because studios will cite it and use it as that tool. I don't know if it hurts but it definitely helps

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it's a marketing tool most definitely. And it has some sway because studios will cite it and use it as that tool. I don't know if it hurts but it definitely helps
Ironically John Wick is the first movie I remember seeing it on

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
That's included in rotten tomatoes? You sure? I guess I thought that they were more like metacritic.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I usually read a lot, if not most of the reviews, either before or after I see it, hardly ever relying solely on a number, unless it's some unheard of movie airing on Showtime 2 at 1:30AM, in which case I'll read a synopsis, see a score, and probably read at least one bad review for fun. I realize the incredible amount that goes into making these blockbusters, they should consider using those resources to make better art, and not more money.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
everybody is a critic on the internet

the film business is dying because they are out of ideas, and only minorities can bring fresh perspective to film making, which is why Get Out was well received because it was original

Blockbusters are a dying bred, these comic book movies are all the same, nerds are keeping that shyt alive because they will pay money regardless of how stupid the movies are

you have an entire marvel cinematic universe with no stand out villain

basic shyt like a proper antagonist has been forgotten

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
everybody is a critic on the internet

the film business is dying because they are out of ideas, and only minorities can bring fresh perspective to film making, which is why Get Out was well received because it was original

Blockbusters are a dying bred, these comic book movies are all the same, nerds are keeping that shyt alive because they will pay money regardless of how stupid the movies are

you have an entire marvel cinematic universe with no stand out villain

basic shyt like a proper antagonist has been forgotten

Nerds don't bring in $500M+ grosses