"Rotten Tomatoes is ruining the film industry..."

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
He is partly right. Y'all know rottentomatoes.com is owned by warner brothers right?

I always wondered how trash movies get such high ratings. They usually bump off the critics that have something negative to say about a movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He is partly right. Y'all know rottentomatoes.com is owned by warner brothers right?

I always wondered how trash movies get such high ratings. They usually bump off the critics that have something negative to say about a movie.

Warners sold it years ago homie. Purely a Fandango enterprise now

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
But just for the record, I don't care about RT at all either because an average of positive against negative reviews says nothing about the value of each individual review, and he has a point there, but the only "problem" with RT is that most people don't get how RT works and think the rating is "absolute".

On top of that, we live in a fickle, hypocritical generation of people who pick and choose when reviews mean something (only when the reviews agree with their own predetermined opinion).

Yep. RT and box office is the worst thing about film discussions.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They still own a minority stake in the company though. :ld:

Rotten Tomatoes - Wikipedia

Fair enough. As far as your other comment though about trash movies getting good reviews, the internet seemingly is the one place where we forget art is subjective. What may be wack to one can be excellent to someone else. And that has to be okay

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sure, that wasn't my opinion but it's a coli thang. I've seen them call the Dead End HipHop brehs "caccish" in the Booth :snoop:

Thats crazy. But that also deals with the booth's belief that if you're white, you can't possibly know hip hop or judge it fairly etc. I went to school in Queens and its filled with white guys and white women who know more about hip hop and are a lot more passionate about it than half the cats in the booth

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Groupthink is so high these days that RT scores are meaningless. A movie getting 40-70% on RT gives you no real consensus on the film anymore because a "bad" film would get -30% and a "good" film would get 90+%

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Your shyt flopped. Grow some balls and get over it.

Funny how there's nothing wrong with aggregate sites when its in your favor

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
To be fair to Brett, they've never been in his favor :russ: his movies normally succeed despite their critical reception
And there's the other guy Micheal Bay. The guy has yet to make a movie with a running time under 6 days.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This guy actually uses Batman vs Superman as an example when that movie is scored about 27% too high:dahell:

All that tells me is that 27% of critics on the site should have their credentials removed