"Rotten Tomatoes is ruining the film industry..."

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
According to Brett Ratner :mjlol:

The worst thing that we have in today’s movie culture is Rotten Tomatoes. I think it’s the destruction of our business. I have such respect and admiration for film criticism. When I was growing up film criticism was a real art. And there was intellect that went into that. And you would read Pauline’s Kael’s reviews, or some others, and that doesn’t exist anymore. Now it’s about a number. A compounded number of how many positives vs. negatives. Now it’s about, ‘What’s your Rotten Tomatoes score?’ And that’s sad, because the Rotten Tomatoes score was so low on Batman v Superman I think it put a cloud over a movie that was incredibly successful.

People don’t realize what goes into making a movie like that. It’s mind-blowing. It’s just insane, it’s hurting the business, it’s getting people to not see a movie. In Middle America it’s, ‘Oh, it’s a low Rotten Tomatoes score so I’m not going to go see it because it must suck.’ But that number is an aggregate and one that nobody can figure out exactly what it means, and it’s not always correct. I’ve seen some great movies with really abysmal Rotten Tomatoes scores. What’s sad is film criticism has disappeared. It’s really sad.

Brett Ratner Thinks It’s Rotten Tomatoes, Not His Movies, That’s Destroying the Film Industry

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
People don’t realize what goes into making a movie like that. It’s mind-blowing. It’s just insane, it’s hurting the business, it’s getting people to not see a movie.

What the fukk kinda nonsense is this? :russ:

Who cares what goes into making a movie if the end result sucks? That's like saying you can't shyt on the Warriors for losing the play-offs because of the hard work they had to put in to get that 73-9 season. They still blew the finals like a bunch of idiots.

And why is it "insane" that people choose to keep money in their pocket if something is getting a bad rep? Not everyone is a film aficionado who has to see everything. Hell, I'm one of the biggest film aficionados on the board and I don't even feel a necessity to see everything.

But just for the record, I don't care about RT at all either because an average of positive against negative reviews says nothing about the value of each individual review, and he has a point there, but the only "problem" with RT is that most people don't get how RT works and think the rating is "absolute".

On top of that, we live in a fickle, hypocritical generation of people who pick and choose when reviews mean something (only when the reviews agree with their own predetermined opinion).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get out is at 99% :mjpls:
QmYosM4PO08FO.gif