Roseanne Gets A Revival with John Goodman, Roseanne Barr & more

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I'm not surprised. I remember Chris Pratt saying last year that he felt there wasn't enough TV shows/films about regular working-class white people in the midwest & this forum just wrote him off as racist when he was telling the truth. So I was expecting the ratings to be at least decent. .
He's right. Been saying this for years. All of the white shows are aspirational (don't you wish you were rich like us), while the black shows were typically all hood shows. But as with anything, when there is such an imbalance of representation, something breaking from the norm will be seen as a breath of fresh air.
We get tired of being portrayed as ignorant hood nikkas, so I guess white people got tired of being portrayed as uppity rich people.

:mjlol: Blavity seems shook about the success of "Roseanne":

https://twitter.com/shadowandact/status/979720574959259649
oY4ezia.png

https://shadowandact.com/9-shows-representing-todays-america-to-watch-instead-of-roseanne

It's amazing with ALL the white shows that have been on air, white people are saying they FINALLY have a show they can relate to.

:skip:

So do they want themselves portrayed as white picket fence, or white trash? The media image of them being wholesome, and successful, with a few fukk ups here and there is what tricks people into thinking they are superior. Yet, now they're admitting that's not an accurate image of how most white families really are. On top of that, this isn't even a rich conservative family. These are the kind of people who will look down on a black man for being a janitor, while they work at a car wash.

:heh:

This whole "conservatives are being oppressed" narrative is mind boggling.

So based off the success of the Roseanne revival with it's demographic audience, looks like Fox is trying bring back "Last Man Standing":

A year after Disney-owned ABC canceled Tim Allen comedy 'Last Man Standing,' Fox is in early talks to revive the multicamera comedy for a seventh season. Allen, sources say, has signed on and has been — with producers 20th Century Fox Television — the driving force of the revival. Discussions are also under way with producers and stars from the former ABC comedy to return. Insiders stress the talks are on the early side and could break down ahead of the network's May 14 upfront presentation to Madison Avenue ad buyers. Fox and 20th Century Fox Television declined comment.