By all that is holy what is this shyt
full

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lost.

That finale was so bad many day 1 fans (including me) can’t even watch the series anymore. They completely shyt the bed on that show
I'll die on this hill: Lost's end was not as bad as people say.

It was really the Internet that fukked up Lost: too much Internet hype and expectations making you think the revelations in the finale were going to be a religious experience. And so many Internet sleuths guessing the ending that one was bound to be right. You see shows like Westworld reacting to that, changing the surprises, and ending up with narrative messes.

If you just chilled out and enjoyed the journey and characters, you had a good time.

GoT, on the other hand, fukked up the actual journey and characters with the absolute garbage pacing of the last seasons. The need for actual surprise endings is greatly overrated.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll die on this hill: Lost's end was not as bad as people say.

It was really the Internet that fukked up Lost: too much Internet hype and expectations making you think the revelations in the finale were going to be a religious experience. And so many Internet sleuths guessing the ending that one was bound to be right. You see shows like Westworld reacting to that, changing the surprises, and ending up with narrative messes.

If you just chilled out and enjoyed the journey and characters, you had a good time.

GoT, on the other hand, fukked up the actual journey and characters with the absolute garbage pacing of the last seasons. The need for actual surprise endings is greatly overrated.
Naw it was bad.
Why were we watching dead people?
What was the point of thr Island?
None of that was answered

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

HBO, TNT, Showtime, FX Turn Down ‘Breaking Bad’​

Walter White (Bryan Cranston) - Breaking Bad_Season 1, Episode 1_PIlot - Photo Credit: Doug Hyun/AMC

DOUG HYUN/AMC
When Vince Gilligan wrote the pilot for Breaking Bad, he initially pitched it to TNT. “They say, ‘If we bought this, we’d be fired,'” Gilligan recalled. “‘We cannot put this on TNT, it’s meth, it can’t be meth, it’s reprehensible.'” He then went over to HBO. “The woman we [were] pitching to [at HBO] could not have been less interested,” he said. “Not even in my story, but about whether I actually lived or died.” Showtime turned it down because the premise felt too similar to Weeds, but FX actually did agree to buy it. The deal didn’t last long since it felt it had too many other dark shows about antiheroes. “Look, it was a wonderful script,” FX President John Landgraf said several years later. “If I had known Vince Gilligan was going to be one of the best showrunners in television, and Breaking Bad was going to be literally one of the very best shows in television, I would have picked it up despite the concept. But the truth of the matter is, anybody who does what I do for a living, who’s honest, will tell you that you’re making decisions based on too-little information all the time, and you make good ones and you make bad ones.”
To be fair, BB didn't blow up majorly until the first couple of seasons were aired on Netflix. Then everyone anticipated the new season and the rest was history

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
To be fair, BB didn't blow up majorly until the first couple of seasons were aired on Netflix. Then everyone anticipated the new season and the rest was history
First 2 seasons of BB are boring as fukk imo and i stopped watching after 2 cause the hype wasnt matching imo. When they met gus, it turned into what it was. After that tho its incredible.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Surprised "Secret life of Desmond Pfeiffer" made the list (Its number 20 on the list) I thought EVERYBODY forgot about that show.

Whoever thought that show would be a good idea needed to be shot in the face.
I only remember the show because I was heavily invested in most UPN shows as a youngin… plus every time I see Captain Cragen on Law & Order: SVU reruns I always remember him playing Abraham Lincoln on the Desmond Pfeiffer.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Fox Passes on the ‘Sopranos’​

RYMD0Y ZANDT,GANDOLFINI,SIRICO, THE SOPRANOS : SEASON 6, 2006

HBO
Here’s a list of television shows that Fox decided to bring onto its airwaves in 1999: the Jay Mohr Hollywood satire Action (canceled after eight episodes), the shameless Who Wants to Be a Millionaire knockoff Greed (canceled before it could even give out the grand prize), and the Chris Carter-produced science fiction show Harsh Realm, about humans trapped in a virtual simulation (canceled after nine episodes). Here’s the name of a show they rejected after reading a script for the pilot: The Sopranos. This gave HBO the opportunity to pick up the show, creating an entirely new era of television where networks like Fox became hopelessly passé. The shift of quality programming from broadcast TV to cable and eventually streaming would have likely happened anyway, and The Sopranos probably wouldn’t have worked on Fox, but it was still an enormous mistake for the network to turn down arguably the greatest show in the history of television. (CBS was willing to take a chance on David Chase’s ambitious project, but it wanted to ditch the psychiatry angle.)

How is this a mistake when The Sopranos wouldn't be The Sopranos if it was on Fox.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

ESPN Decides that Rush Limbaugh Would Make a Good Football Commentator​

PHILADELPHIA - OCTOBER 2:  Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh makes remarks at the National Association of Broadcasters October 2, 2003 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Limbaugh resigned from his job as a broadcaster at ESPN after racial comments he made about Philadelphia Eagles Donovan McNabb caused an uproar.  (Photo by William Thomas Cain/Getty Images)

WILLIAM THOMAS CAIN/GETTY IMAGES
Sports is one of the few unifying institutions in America where people from all backgrounds come together and political divisions largely vanish. That’s why it was so baffling in 2003 when ESPN felt that Rush Limbaugh would make a good football commentator. When the news first hit, he promised that he’d leave his political views to his radio show and focus entirely on the sport. Just weeks into the job, however, he shared his views on Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. “I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL,” he said. “The media has been very desirous that a Black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn’t deserve. The defense carried this team.” In other words, McNabb was being allowed to coast because of his race and receiving praise and credit he didn’t deserve. The uproar was immediate, and Limbaugh resigned within three days. “The great people at ESPN did not want to deal with this kind of reaction,” Limbaugh said. “The path of least resistance became for me to resign.”

THIS should be top 5. It was absolutely horrible. This following up Dennis Miller was one of the reasons that Monday Night Football went down in flames in terms of relevance.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE -- Episode 17 -- Pictured: Norm MacDonald during the 'Weekend Update' skit on April 12, 1997 -- (Photo by: Mary Ellen Matthews/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images via Getty Images)

Norm MacDonald is Fired From ‘SNL’ Over (Hilarious) OJ Simpson Jokes​

MARY ELLEN MATTHEWS/NBCU PHOTO BANK/NBCUNIVERSAL VIA GETTY IMAGES
There have been a lot of talented Weekend Update anchors over the five-decade history of Saturday Night Live — including Chevy Chase, Dennis Miller, Kevin Nealon, Seth Meyers, and the teams of Jane Curtin and Dan Aykroyd, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and Colin Jost and Michael Che — but none of them brought the funny like Norm Macdonald. If you need proof, check out YouTube montages of his O.J. Simpson quips. He pounded Simpson throughout the entire murder trial, and it somehow never grew stale. “Well, it is finally official,” he said after the former football star was acquitted. “Murder is legal in the state of California.” The bit worked for nearly every viewer of the show besides the one that truly mattered: NBC West Coast division President Don Ohlmeyer, who happened to be an extremely close friend of Simpson. He begrudgingly put up with Macdonald’s O.J. jokes during the trial, but he lost his mind when Macdonald kept making references to Simpson in the months that followed. Midway through the 1997-98 season, he fired Macdonald from Weekend Update. “Lorne’s point at the time was, just do it for the rest of the season and we’ll make a change in the summer,” Ohlmeyer recalled in the SNL oral history Live From New York. “And he probably was right.” Neither of them were right. They should have kept Macdonald in that chair for the remainder of his natural life. Kicking him out was an absolute travesty.
these were fukking hilarious

Well its finally official...MURDER..is LEGAL in the state of California :laff: