RollingStones 50 Worst Decisions in TV History

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
HBO passed on a few shows that went on to be hits

Mad Men
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead

Crazy anyone can pass up walking dead. Comics are literally storyboards. They cant have more info than reading the comics and that shyt was a crazy hit already.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Cop Rock did give us this masterpiece :mjlol:

I have never heard this before. What is going on here :dead::deadrose:

I can’t imagine The Sopranos on regular TV. It had to be on a cable network like HBO or Showtime.

The guy who is selling babies on the black market is just singing about it in public and doing little pelvic thrusts. :dead:

Cop Rock was also on FOX, I remember Married With Children would clown it when it was on. Steve Bochco actually created the show. He had all these other successful police dramas, but the musical didn’t work.

I'm blown away that this was a thing that was green-lighted.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
You took the words right OUT of my mouth
I don't remember a show have so many fans turn on it so quick

Which makes this list fukking weird. Sometime I really winder about these Lists we debate all the time.

GOT is obviously 1. And theyre lucky the new one has some great actors in it as it may have covered up some of the stink.

Freeks and geeks? Get real. GOT is the #1 fukkup in all tv. Never have so many people been so invested in a tv show, since the sopranos but on an even bigger basis.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The Seinfeld story is really crazy in hindsight. There was no reason for NBC to want to keep it, but somebody really wanted it to succeed. That almost never happens, especially back then. Seinfeld went from being just another forgotten sitcom that would have been the subject of a YouTube video to one of the most beloved sitcoms of all-time.

These networks know what they're doing. If they want a show to make it, they'll do whatever they can. When Friends was months away from airing, Jennifer Aniston wasn't cast as Rachel because she was in another sitcom. Had that show lasted, somebody else would have gotten the part. The CBS and NBC executives struck a deal to air a movie of the week at the same time Jennifer's sitcom was airing, knowing those movies were popular and would steal ratings. They literally sabotaged an entire sitcom just so Jennifer could play Rachel, because they knew Friends had potential to be a big hit.