Rolling Stone top 100 TV Shows of All-Time

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Roseanne was a culturally shifting show. I didn't catch onto all of that as a kid but from a social standpoint during that time, there wasn't a show on tv that portrayed a blue collar family that poor during the recession of the early 90s. Very much how the Simpsons started out as well. Plus it's got the longevity to go with it. So when you break barriers and you're on for 9 or 10 years you get props.

Truthfully the only glaring omission from this list is the Cosby show. It was just as groundbreaking if not more so than any show on this list and has the longevity.
Married w/ Children was better but I can't hate on Roseanne.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
not gonna lie, i never watched a single second in any of the shows rated in the top 4

giphy.gif

Now you have :donhomer:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That wasn't even his best show. They didn't even include Sanford and Son.

All in the family is his most significant show though. That's the one that'll be at the top of his obituary. And because it did comedy and drama equally well. I feel like only good times rivaled it as far as his shows go in that regard and yeah it's just his most significant contribution to television because everything stemmed from it. Plus again you got the taboo breaking while not being afraid to portray a guy like archie bunker in a negative light

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Fresh Prince not on the list automatically disqualifies it.

Rolling Stone makes some of the worst "top lists" of all-time, if anything, they're a top 5 in the Top 100 Worst List Makers of-all time category.

Atlanta with only 5 episodes right now > the majority of that list. Some of those shows belong nowhere near the top 100 of all-time.

edit: Married... with Children didn't make the top 100? They're now in the top 3 Worst List Makers of all-time ranking, maybe even took the top spot with that one.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Two different shows tho. Roseanne actually went into drama. It wasn't straight comedy.
They both had a similar premise though and came out the same time so Roseanne didn't really break the mold. They both were dysfunctional families in sitcoms even though one was more slapstick. In the later seasons Roseanne took itself way too seriously while MWC stayed funny throughout when they were both supposed to be comedies at heart.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
mr show is extremely overrated too.

if you condensed that entire series down to 4-5 episodes you'd have a solid, classic collection. but all in all that show was pretty bad imo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They both had a similar premise though and came out the same time so Roseanne didn't really break the mold. They both were dysfunctional families in sitcoms even though one was more slapstick. In the later seasons Roseanne took itself way too seriously while MWC stayed funny throughout when they were both supposed to be comedies at heart.

Hence me saying two different shows. Because Roseanne could do both and do them both well it's going to get the nod. Especially if you're asking a group of writers and producers and show runners. Roseanne toed that line between comedy and drama early in its run while married with children was probably a smarter comedy than it became after season 5 but still hilarious.

Any time I see a list like this I don't worry about whether I agree or disagree rather whether I can understand the mindset of why it's on and I get why Roseanne is on the list.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Hence me saying two different shows. Because Roseanne could do both and do them both well it's going to get the nod. Especially if you're asking a group of writers and producers and show runners. Roseanne toed that line between comedy and drama early in its run while married with children was probably a smarter comedy than it became after season 5 but still hilarious.

Any time I see a list like this I don't worry about whether I agree or disagree rather whether I can understand the mindset of why it's on and I get why Roseanne is on the list.
Rolling Stone lists are terrible though so I don't know why you'd try to see it from their view. There's an Entertainment Weekly list awhile back that has MWC and Rosanne not even mentioned.