Roland Martin and Gary Chambers call out Jason Black and Vicki Dillard for being SILENT on supporting black candidates running for Louisiana Governor

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
but, the “don’t vote” game is the strategy. we don’t advise black people to withdraw support for shyts & giggles. it’s a tactical necessity, a purposeful response to decades of benign neglect that has harmed our community.

voting for the democrats, even as the specter of fascism hangs over us, is not a victimless crime. it does not help black people, and it only emboldens our enemies to continue exploiting our community for gains that are enjoyed by everyone but us.

it is far more beneficial to the struggle for black empowerment if democrats lose on principle rather continue winning on cynical exploitation.

:unimpressed:

Voter suppression by the means of intimidation and name-calling is a FEDERAL CRIME.

You want me to talk to your lawyer about that? I can make arrangements for that and I'm sure a jail cell for you would be beneficial for the well-being of other black people.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You mean shyt that was already happening anyway?:dahell:

The gaslighting don't work anymore and y'all refuse to change the playbook and are mad about it

When Dems have power and don't do shyt with it nikkas gaslight to high heaven with the ":damn: well what are they supposed to do?" shyt. When Dem incompetence and neglect reaches a tipping point with black voters and they become apathetic the shaming language comes out. Then when the Dems fukk up their high ground and Repubs replace them it's "well we can't do shyt with the Repubs in charge:damn:"

Call it what you want but you're not gonna shame black folks into playing a game that shows no benefits for them. Be mad, call nikkas c00ns and MAGA, it doesn't change the fact that they are running black folks away and playing nikkas to their face. It's gotten too big to hide or gaslight away

It's funny that when every other group makes demands and shows you their back when they're not met everyone asks "what can we as a party do to get these people's support?" But when black folks attempt to do the same it's automatic":damn: YOU DUMB ASS NIKKAS ALWAYS MAD ABOUT SOMETHING JUST STFU AND GO VOTE:"

What is your realistic solution?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@2 Up 2 Down
@Cat piss martini
@DetroitEWarren

What y'all think about the voter suppression efforts in this thread?
Right after that, you and them can answer The Question ™️

How do Black people win voting blind Democrat, when the Democrats are PUBLICALLY telling us they won't do anything for us, median Black wealth is trending toward $0 in the next 15 to 30 years, we continue to get killed almost legally, and are a continuous underclass, WITHOUT USING ANY VARIATION OF:

• but Republicans or but Trump, etc.
  • lesser of the evils
  • our ancestors fought for the right, so we just have to because
  • what does not voting (or voting R, which we don't) accomplish
  • "hold them accountable", because it's impossible to hold them accountable if you won't not vote for them
I need a clear, logical, practical, TANGIBLE plan. As always, if you can answer this in a way I can't defeat, I will on video, apologize, register and vote for whatever Democrat POTUS candidate is there, and never question you again.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
if nothing we’re asking - reparative policy that addresses the systemic harm we’ve been subject to over the course of centuries - stands a chance of passing congress, explain to me the value of giving democrats our vote.

i call your comments reductive because they skate around the issues at the heart of our demands, treating treat our vote as a zero sum proposition, as if withholding it isn’t just as impactful as surrendering it without receiving anything in return.

You're asking that from Louisiana. One of the poorest states in the Union. How should that reparative policy look in Louisiana at solid red state where the Black population is at least 31%? IOW, what exactly are those reparative policies with respect to Louisiana?

Your prescription is reductive because you put no actual thought in how to move forward and actually get your demands heard much less addressed. Again, you have no real economic base. No real employment base. You use of no other mechanism of exerting of power or influence other than your vote. You've learned nothing from 2016.

You haven't addressed the heart of any issues or demands that you claim you want. You're just begging hoping someone throws you a bone. That's not how voting works or shifting power works.

I need a clear, logical, practical, TANGIBLE plan.

You need to provide a clear, logical, practical, and TANGIBLE plan. That's how voting works. That's why you and @I Really Mean It keep failing at this discourse and getting real progress done.

The very people you say fail you, you want to come up with a plan for you. That's insane. Especially when you say it hasn't worked for decades. You'll get the most done with a Democrat in office. But you have to have a plan to implement and not just wait for someone to hand it to you.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Right after that, you and them can answer The Question ™️

How do Black people win voting blind Democrat, when the Democrats are PUBLICALLY telling us they won't do anything for us, median Black wealth is trending toward $0 in the next 15 to 30 years, we continue to get killed almost legally, and are a continuous underclass, WITHOUT USING ANY VARIATION OF:

• but Republicans or but Trump, etc.
  • lesser of the evils
  • our ancestors fought for the right, so we just have to because
  • what does not voting (or voting R, which we don't) accomplish
  • "hold them accountable", because it's impossible to hold them accountable if you won't not vote for them
I need a clear, logical, practical, TANGIBLE plan. As always, if you can answer this in a way I can't defeat, I will on video, apologize, register and vote for whatever Democrat POTUS candidate is there, and never question you again.
There it is y'all:manny:

It's never "what can we do to entice black voters". It's never the Dems fault

why do you keep repeating this reductive gibberish? the demands of the black grassroots is quite specific - nothing general or vague about what our ask is.

That’s his competition now. Not CSPAN or Fox News. Back when he was on TV he would’ve never mentioned those two.

@2 Up 2 Down
@Cat piss martini
@DetroitEWarren

What y'all think about the voter suppression efforts in this thread?

You're asking that from Louisiana. One of the poorest states in the Union. How should that reparative policy look in Louisiana at solid red state where the Black population is at least 31%? IOW, what exactly are those reparative policies with respect to Louisiana?

Louisiana is still run by republicans at the state level. They overturn the governor all the time.

Screenshot-2023-10-16-at-19-21-27.png

In fact, the republicans overturned the Democratic Governor's veto of these maps that would hurt black voters in 2022:

https://www.naacpldf.org/press-release/louisiana-legislature-overturns-governors-veto-of-map-lacking-a-second-majority-black-congressional-district-civil-rights-groups-file-suit-under-voting-rights-act/#:~:text=March%2030%2C%202022%20–%20Today%2C,Defense%20and%20Educational%20Fund%2C%20Inc.

That why the case went to the Supreme Court ...and the republicans lost because they were fukking black voters

The Supreme Court already shut down the voting maps coming out of Louisiana a few months ago...PASSED BY REPUBLICANS.

And the republicans in Louisiana don't give a fukk and are ignoring the Supreme Court to further disenfranchise black voters:

:stopitslime:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Your prescription is reductive because you put no actual thought in how to move forward and actually get your demands heard much less addressed. Again, you have no real economic base. No real employment base. You use of no other mechanism of exerting of power or influence other than your vote. You've learned nothing from 2016.

You haven't addressed the heart of any issues or demands that you claim you want. You're just begging hoping someone throws you a bone. That's not how voting works or shifting power works.

You need to provide a clear, logical, practical, and TANGIBLE plan. That's how voting works. That's why you and @I Really Mean It keep failing at this discourse and getting real progress done.

The very people you say fail you, you want to come up with a plan for you. That's insane. Especially when you say it hasn't worked for decades. You'll get the most done with a Democrat in office. But you have to have a plan to implement and not just wait for someone to hand it to you.
Our plan is to hold our votes until Democrats come to the table with policy for us like every other group, instead of fearmongering, shaming and disrespect.

So..please answer the question. What will running to vote for them get us that it hasn't in the last 50 years? Don't deflect any more. Tell me how voting will get Black people from the bottom. So far, it hasn't done shyt:francis:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Our plan is to hold our votes until Democrats come to the table with policy for us like every other group, instead of fearmongering, shaming and disrespect.

So..please answer the question. What will running to vote for them get us that it hasn't in the last 50 years? Don't deflect any more. Tell me how voting will get Black people from the bottom. So far, it hasn't done shyt:francis:

That is a poor and clinically insane plan by your own admission. And "every other group" as you say don't wait for their politicians to come up with a plan for them. They make their own plans and give it to the politician. And that plan comes with votes and money. You two have demonstrated quite clearly that neither of you understand how voting or politics work on a basic level. If people like you two are leading the movement, you'll have more disenfranchised, disillusioned people. Or maybe that's the point of what you two are doing.

And BTW, I've answered your question multiple times already, even in this post.

Daps

the most powerful legal mechanism at our disposal is our vote, on which the electoral fortune of the party that supposedly operates in our best interests rests.

you’re being dishonest in your assertion that the black grassroots has no specific, tangible requests. that is false.

one example is punishment of the police. that is a specific demand.

make it a federal crime for a police officer to kill an unarmed black man, woman or child, a crime that results in mandatory life imprisonment.

if the democrats added this to their platform, black support of the party would grow.

if your response to this demand is: “well, it won’t pass congress.”

then, you aren’t acting in good faith.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
the most powerful legal mechanism at our disposal is out vote, on which the electoral
fortune of the party that supposedly operates in our best interests rests.

you’re being dishonest in your assertion that the black grassroots has no specific, tangible requests. that is false.

one example is punishment of the police. that is a specific demand.
More cops are being punished now than ever before

I have a thread on it:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/sho...-cops-and-enforcing-civil-rights-laws.930032/

make it a federal crime for a police officer to kill an unarmed black man, woman or child, a crime that results in mandatory life imprisonment.
This won't become law for obvious reasons
if the democrats added this to their platform, black support of the party would grow.

if your response to this demand is: “well, it won’t pass congress.”

then, you aren’t acting in good faith.

Did you know the republicans handicapped the democrat governor because the State House and State Senate were run by republicans?

Screenshot-2023-10-16-at-19-21-27.png

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Irrelevant babble
You're the number one Democratic shill here, I'm dying to hear you answer it, but I know it will never happen because we won't accept your "Republicans are worse" garbage. I have a hard time believing any of you are Black because you just want to uphold the status quo, and see us so being an underclass.

If Blacks under 40 are so scary and entrenched into a system that so blatantly spits in our faces, there really may be no hope. MLK and Malcolm may have died in vain.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
That is a poor and clinically insane plan by your own admission. And "every other group" as you say don't wait for their politicians to come up with a plan for them. They make their own plans and give it to the politician. And that plan comes with votes and money. You two have demonstrated quite clearly that neither of you understand how voting or politics work on a basic level. If people like you two are leading the movement, you'll have more disenfranchised, disillusioned people. Or maybe that's the point of what you two are doing.

And BTW, I've answered your question multiple times already, even in this post.
The plan: Say "tangibles"
The politician: Congresswoman Tangela Bills