Roland Martin and Gary Chambers call out Jason Black and Vicki Dillard for being SILENT on supporting black candidates running for Louisiana Governor

Daps
You're the number one Democratic shill here, I'm dying to hear you answer it, but I know it will never happen because we won't accept your "Republicans are worse" garbage. I have a hard time believing any of you are Black because you just want to uphold the status quo, and see us so being an underclass.

If Blacks under 40 are so scary and entrenched into a system that so blatantly spits in our faces, there really may be no hope. MLK and Malcolm may have died in vain.

they talk to black people like they’re children, lecturing them in a patronizing tone about the impracticality of black people receiving something for their vote.

:francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You're the number one Democratic shill here, I'm dying to hear you answer it, but I know it will never happen because we won't accept your "Republicans are worse" garbage. I have a hard time believing any of you are Black because you just want to uphold the status quo, and see us so being an underclass.

If Blacks under 40 are so scary and entrenched into a system that so blatantly spits in our faces, there really may be no hope. MLK and Malcolm may have died in vain.

Where I live I have black politicians from local all the way through federal standing.

I see the benefit of that representation and how hard they fight to achieve any victories large or small.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:mjtf:

who am i intimidating?

A bunch of informed posters on here, trying to explaining how not voting leads up to Jim Crow 2.0

Telling others that you are a "real black" or "thorough" by not voting, is a form of intimidation. Go talk to your lawyer about that and sees if he/she thinks that you not doing jail time because of that message.

Daps
change only occurs when things come to a head. a drastic outcome of that sort is only possible through the wholesale withdrawal of black participation in the electoral process.

black people are already hurting. lording our pain over us to compel from our community a vote for politicians whose inaction contributes to that pain is not a convincing pitch.

:unimpressed:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
the most powerful legal mechanism at our disposal is our vote, on which the electoral fortune of the party that supposedly operates in our best interests rests.

You've learned nothing from the 60s or 70s.

you’re being dishonest in your assertion that the black grassroots has no specific, tangible requests. that is false.

No. You're being dishonest by twisting my words. I said you don't have any specific policy prescriptions for your state or Louisiana or on the federal level.

one example is punishment of the police. that is a specific demand.

That's a broad statement. That's not specific.

make it a federal crime for a police officer to kill an unarmed black man, woman or child, a crime that results in mandatory life imprisonment.

And what you'll have to explain is why only Black people get that law and not everyone else. IOW, why isn't a fed crime for a police officer to kill any unarmed man, woman, or child?

if the democrats added this to their platform, black support of the party would grow.

It'll make a good sound bite. But the issue still remains why only Black people and not everyone?

if your response to this demand is: “well, it won’t pass congress.”

then, you aren’t acting in good faith.

:unimpressed:

That's a terrible reason. Both logically and legally. We both know it won't pass Congress because of the Supreme Court ruling and the fact that other minorities will ask why they aren't included in that bill as well. Then there's the pro-police faction of the GOP and Dems that wouldn't support/pass such a bill.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Look at the money. The Democrats did not even try to win in Louisiana.

They did not even try. THEY DID NOT EVEN TRY.

And now, they are blaming YOU. :unimpressed:

Now this is something to talk about. THIS is the Dems fukking up. I agree with you. Especially with an Presidential election coming up.

But it still doesn't take away from the fact that Black people knew there was a governors race. And they knew a Black Dem was running. And it's in their best interest to not let the GOP candidate win.

So frankly, I blame both.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Nx6OMJ.gif

In b4 Jason destroying Roland AGAIN.

Wtf was going through this dude mind when he did this

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Shawn Wilson was never going to win but I was legit shocked that he didn't make it to a runoff. Psycho Jeff is definitely going to roll back criminal justice reforms, target political opponents and try to get rid of anything he deems "woke".

He also has a super majority backing him so his agenda will pass with no problems.