Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
you know what fukk it i guess it really doesn't matter. to me ANH will always be the first star wars movie you should ever see but if some kid stumbled upon rogue one first i guess it doesn't matter. chances are their pops or their friends are gonna explain everything to them anyway.

also i guess the reveals in this would be equally as effective to a kid seeing them for the first time. the original vader intro is classic but shyt his reveal in rogue one was pretty epic too. muthaufkka got a CASTLE now. true boss villain status.

if this movie is a kid's first taste of darth vader i would imagine he left a pretty strong impression.

Yep, I agree with all of this, especially the last. If Rogue One is a kid's introduction to Vader, this legitimately shows you why he's a fukking boss and backs up all of the tension he brings into the room in ANH.

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
i am so split on the Ewoks

as a kid seeing it I had no issue

as I grew older I felt like they were tacked on and unnecessary - but not quite Jar Jar Binks terrible

now as an adult who has a son I am okay with them. They serve their purpose for sure because if not for them the Rebels would have been done on the Endor

so i'm :manny: on them right now

I too was completely fine with the Ewoks as a kid but when I grew up and found out that George Lucas had full rights to merchandising, it made me look at the Ewoks for what they were: a cash grab.

If I had the kind of deal he had, I probably would've done the same, but for me it still takes away from the movie.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I might have to slot this one over episode IV and below TESB and ROTS. shyt exceeded my expectations big time :blessedrusev:

I'm not sure if this movie would work fully without ANH, but it's definitely not a big gap for me.

I'll have to give it some time though.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs :wow:

This movie was fukking incredible.

Some people didn't like the first two acts but I loved it all. It entertained me from start to finish.

I thought this took place a few years before A New Hope but nah, this is a direct lead-up to that movie.

The battle scenes were dope AF and Jyn was a much more likeable character than Rey IMO.

The detail they put into the towns and background characters :wow:

This movie was way better than Force Awakens.

Definitely in my top 3 Star Wars movies.

This was so dope I was damn near in tears at the end.

My nikka Saw :wow:

I thought he would be apart of the Rogue One squad but he died before shyt even went down :stopitslime:

Bail the GOAT :blessed:

When Vader showed up like the Undertaker and started chopping mofos down :wow:

The Obi-Wan reference :wow:

The Leia and Tarkin CGI wasn't bad :ehh:

The force is with me and I am one with the force :mjcry:

Hope:mjcry:

Btw I am a stan of his but am I the only one who thought Forrest Whitaker was terrible in this?

His character and also his performance

It was fine at worse. I can see how people wouldn't like it. But it's not that serious.

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Brehs :wow:

This movie was fukking incredible.

Some people didn't like the first two acts but I loved it all. It entertained me from start to finish.

I thought this took place a few years before A New Hope but nah, this is a direct lead-up to that movie.

The battle scenes were dope AF and Jyn was a much more likeable character than Rey IMO.

The detail they put into the towns and background characters :wow:

This movie was way better than Force Awakens.

Definitely in my top 3 Star Wars movies.

This was so dope I was damn near in tears at the end.

My nikka Saw :wow:

I thought he would be apart of the Rogue One squad but he died before shyt even went down :stopitslime:

Bail the GOAT :blessed:

When Vader showed up like the Undertaker and started chopping mofos down :wow:

The Obi-Wan reference :wow:

The Leia and Tarkin CGI wasn't bad :ehh:

The force is with me and I am one with the force :mjcry:
100% agree and yes it was better than THE FORCE AWAKENS

I don't miss that "Reyyyyyy!!!" scream at all

And yea the Leia and Tarkin CGI had me like wtf:ohhh: