Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Well if they had just watched ROTS, the Jedi purge would be fresh in their mind. So in that sense, it works. But as a stand alone, I can see what you're saying about it being confusing to a new person. Good point.

It works so perfectly as a bridge between III/IV :wow:

It makes both movies even better too.

Tarkin was on that Deebo shyt, no wonder Vader respects him.

But when he leaves the room, Krennic be talking shyt again :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
shyt was great.

In my humble opinion, best Star Wars movie since The Empire Strikes Back.

Loved it.

That final scene with Vader ... :ahh:
I love ROTJ but I'm starting to think they handicapped the series forever moving forward because of the Luke - Leia brother sister bullshiit.

No matter how great that movie is.. the Jabba stuff, the final act... it always has that ridiculous thing going against it.

I don't know how I feel about it YET but maybe one day I might be able to justify putting this above ROTJ

Last edited:

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
I love ROTJ but I'm starting to think they handicapped the series forever moving forward because of the Luke - Leia brother sister bullshiit.

No matter how great that movie is.. the Janna stuff, the final act... it always has that ridiculous thing going against it.

Possibly, but we'll see how they flesh that out in the next installment.

I loved ROTJ too but the Ewoks ruined it for me. Everything else about that movie was incredible.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
So this is not after force awakens? it's between 3 & 4? So basically after dem Jar Jar Binx joints? :mindblown: I'm no Star Wars person so i don't know.

What i really wanna know is if my nikka Ip Mayne hit them punches? :jbhmm:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whew: another hit

Gonna go see it in theaters.

It's crazy that the only movies i've seen at the theatres in the last few years is the Force Awakens and soon to be this movie.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Possibly, but we'll see how they flesh that out in the next installment.

I loved ROTJ too but the Ewoks ruined it for me. Everything else about that movie was incredible.

i am so split on the Ewoks

as a kid seeing it I had no issue

as I grew older I felt like they were tacked on and unnecessary - but not quite Jar Jar Binks terrible

now as an adult who has a son I am okay with them. They serve their purpose for sure because if not for them the Rebels would have been done on the Endor

so i'm :manny: on them right now

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
So this is not after force awakens? it's between 3 & 4? So basically after dem Jar Jar Binx joints? :mindblown: I'm no Star Wars person so i don't know.

What i really wanna know is if my nikka Ip Mayne hit them punches? :jbhmm:

It's like a week before 4 by the looks of it. Episode 3 is still 20 years in the past

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
shyt... I've wanted to see this joint for a minute. Problem is, outside of The Force Awakens, which I really enjoyed, I've never seen a Star Wars movie. That movie has me wanting to get into the culture and see what it's really about. Guess I'll start this weekend with A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

I might wait a week or two before I see Rogue One. We have people down here in Houston standing outside the movie theater and shyt. I don't have the patience for that kinda shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can see the point about Leia. But you could also argue that it raises the question of "Who is that?", which we know becomes a complicated answer throughout the entire OT. What reveals does it really ruin in the OT? The Death Star still hasn't destroyed an entire planet yet, and we don't know if the transmission of the plans will lead to anything actually being done. But OK, agree to disagree. I wouldn't recommend anyone watch SW in sequence anyway just because I really disliked the prequels so much.

you know what fukk it i guess it really doesn't matter. to me ANH will always be the first star wars movie you should ever see but if some kid stumbled upon rogue one first i guess it doesn't matter. chances are their pops or their friends are gonna explain everything to them anyway.

also i guess the reveals in this would be equally as effective to a kid seeing them for the first time. the original vader intro is classic but shyt his reveal in rogue one was pretty epic too. muthaufkka got a CASTLE now. true boss villain status.

if this movie is a kid's first taste of darth vader i would imagine he left a pretty strong impression.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
I really liked TFA but holy shyt the last 20 minutes or so of this movie was just :wow:

Had a breh doing the :banderas: in the theatre at those last two scenes

Movie was PIFF.

Only OG Star Wars, Empire and Revenge of the Sith can fukk with this.
I might have to slot this one over episode IV and below TESB and ROTS. shyt exceeded my expectations big time :blessedrusev:

Last edited: